Breakaway League

Jareth

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Hopefully a reform of some sort comes out of this. German clubs type of fan ownership rule. 

this has been proposed a lot itt but how are fans to support the massive investment needed financially? football is an expensive game these days and we're talking astronomical figures. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Pathetic

Weak af. What exactly is admirable about staging what is essentially a coup and failing at it then saying "uh sorry about that, mate"? NOTHING!

Edited by osmark86

The Germans have pissed all over this superleague idea and I respect them for there decision in saying no, that's a massive wrench thrown into this crazy damn superleague.

The fans lose absolutely nothing by points deductions especially when it will be low enough they’ll easily stay in the league. Their team having less points than usual isn’t a punishment for the fans. It’s the attitude that they deserve to be where they are that’s part of the problem in the first place.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

The fans lose absolutely nothing by points deductions especially when it will be low enough they’ll easily stay in the league. Their team having less points than usual isn’t a punishment. It’s the attitude that they deserve to be where they are that’s part of the problem in the first place.

That's why point deduction is nowhere near harsh enough.

This would be my bare minimum punishments for these clubs:

- Thrown out of the Uefa competitions this season + next seasons European places is handed to the best of the rest. That would mean as it stands Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Leeds CL spots next season. Villa, Wolves, Crystal Palace Europa League. (This could change come end of the season)

- A 3 year transfer ban for everyone involved

- 20 point deduction next season

Edited by villalad21

8 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

this has been proposed a lot itt but how are fans to support the massive investment needed financially? football is an expensive game these days and we're talking astronomical figures. 

You can work it out for man utd, they put x% on the stick exchange, the number of shares available multiplied by the share price of any one is in to that type of thing 

I would lazily guess that to get to 51% you would be looking at a whip around to the tune of £2.5bn to £3bn 

Which in other words means that 49% would be owned by a rich asshole whilst the other 51% was owned by a group of rich assholes

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am with how the last 24 hours have panned out. Them going through with this could have caused a revolution in terms of how we see football and our clubs in this country, and instead they've been allowed to just quickly walk it back and maintain the status quo.

I was already disinterested but it’s a bigger gut punch (though unexpected) in their desire to to placate these snakes. 

42 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Exactly. Tell that to Wigan and Bury fans. 

Why? 

Did they both also threaten to start a breakaway league as I thought they were penalised for not being able to honour payments they’d committed to paying and were, in Bury’s case, eventually wound up.

I’m not seeing any parallels with the past 72 hours and anything that’s gone on before that.

I am genuinely gutted this has fallen through.

I WANT them to **** off.  If Villa have to eat from a smaller plate ultimately then so be it.  They can play in their fantasy league and we will just compete at the top end of English football with less well paid players and more sensible transfer fees.

I'm sick of their domination and arrogant fans. 

I am convinced their project would ultimately become stale and fail, especially when 3/4 of the league tire of being whipping boys year after year.  Will that "global" fan base of Arsenal stay on board when they are in the bottom 4 year after year?  No, they will become Madrid or Liverpool fans, or whoever eventually emerges as top dogs in the bun fight.  Then they would all want to come back and have to do so on our terms leaving Liverpool/United/Real and Barca to play each over and over endlessly as viewers gradually switch off.

• Like 2

It seems UEFA are happy to 'move on' and forget.

No team, person or business organisation should be above the law. Fines and/or bans from competitions should be made.

Allegedly all twelve ESL teams paid £8million each to join in the first place. 

50 minutes ago, sne said:

So before this Man U was valued at £3.05 billion. Say the Glazers are forced to sell 51% to the fans. That's quite a lot of money that has to be raised, and they are on the NYSE as well. How would it even work?

There are different kinds of shares, and not every type needs to be entitled to dividends / profits. New shares with only voting rights could be created by the club for free and distributed to fans for free, although a club would probably not do that voluntarily.

• Like 1

Fans do not need to own half of the company in order to benefit from a 50%+1 implementation, as the above campaign suggests. We can implement rules about fan oversight without the fans having any financial stake in the organisation at all if there is the will. 

I'd bet my left ball those involved won't get any sanctions or punishment. A line will be drawn in the sand and everyone will move on.

Genuine question, would we be calling for punishments if Villa were involved?

16 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It seems UEFA are happy to 'move on' and forget.

No team, person or business organisation should be above the law. Fines and/or bans from competitions should be made.

Allegedly all twelve ESL teams paid £8million each to join in the first place. 

£8M? That can't be right surely. No wonder it folded so quickly. That's less than the cost of Grealish's toenails.

Â