Breakaway League

Jareth

22 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If these teams aren't at least punished with a points deduction on the basis that "we can't punish the fans for the owners actions" then as far as I'm concerned, we should never see a point deduction happen again in the English game. That argument applies to every scenario where points are deducted from teams. 

Exactly. Tell that to Wigan and Bury fans. 

• Like 2

I don't understand the enthusiasm for relegation as a punishment. Firstly, it is a maximum 2-season punishment. Secondly, the main people punished by it are Championship teams who now have no prospect of promotion for two seasons. Thirdly, this is a governance matter, not a sporting matter, so there should be a governance punishment. As I said before, removing the ownership of these clubs from their current owners could be done via a new Fit and Proper Persons Test, which declares anyone who has attempted to start or advocate for an unsanctioned sporting competition to be an unfit owner.

The question of whether we should have fan representatives on boards, 50+1 etc, are all really important, but they're not primarily sporting questions and two years playing in the Championship are not going to magically produce answers to them.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I don't understand the enthusiasm for relegation as a punishment. Firstly, it is a maximum 2-season punishment. Secondly, the main people punished by it are Championship teams who now have no prospect of promotion for two seasons. Thirdly, this is a governance matter, not a sporting matter, so there should be a governance punishment. As I said before, removing the ownership of these clubs from their current owners could be done via a new Fit and Proper Persons Test, which declares anyone who has attempted to start or advocate for an unsanctioned sporting competition to be an unfit owner.

The question of whether we should have fan representatives on boards, 50+1 etc, are all really important, but they're not primarily sporting questions and two years playing in the Championship are not going to magically produce answers to them.

Yes but Chelsea fans will get their cold nights in Stoke back for a season or two.

• Haha 2

So before this Man U was valued at £3.05 billion. Say the Glazers are forced to sell 51% to the fans. That's quite a lot of money that has to be raised, and they are on the NYSE as well. How would it even work?

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

I want to know which premier League clubs don't want a punishment.

Why. 

If we let them get away with this it's never going to end..make a stand now you gutless freaks

I somehow have the feeling that it's us.

6 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

Purslow was talking about punitive punishment. Meaning he wants the bastards hanged.

Aston Villa stands alongside all the clubs, supporters groups and the entire football family who have condemned the plans to create a so-called European Super League.

We are not standing idly by allowing the dreams of Aston Villa fans to be taken away by this sinister scheme.

Working along with fellow members of the Premier League and its Board we have today agreed to consider a range of punitive actions against those clubs and their executives who are involved.

We are reassured by the UK government’s position and the range of legislative options under consideration to do whatever it takes to prevent this scheme from becoming a reality.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/april/AVFC-Club-Statement/

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Ban from European competition for x years and point deduction/transfer ban would be reasonable.

A ban from European competition for a period would be a completely suitable punishment, but sadly it would need to come from UEFA who have completely folded and taken an 'all is forgiven' perspective (probably inevitably).

I don't see how a points deduction or a transfer ban are relevant to the offence committed.

All of these “apologies” talk about the need to fix a broken system for financial stability. These clubs already have financial stability - a guaranteed ~ £150 m for the next 4 or so years just for being in the Premier League. How much more stability than that could you possibly want? How about stop spending above your means and accruing debt above 100% of your annual revenue?

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

I disagree.  I think it will be the small clubs who are just pleased to be in the league and pocketing some cash whilst they can.  They won't want to endanger any of the cash cows drying up during their brief stay here.

Probably us and Everton would like to see them hurt to help our cause in usurping them.

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

All of these “apologies” talk about the need to fix a broken system for financial stability. These clubs already have financial stability - a guaranteed ~ £150 m for the next 4 or so years just for being in the Premier League. How much more stability than that could you possibly want? How about stop spending above your means and accruing debt above 100% of your annual revenue?

This is the be all and end all of all Champions league clubs finances.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

All of these “apologies” talk about the need to fix a broken system for financial stability. These clubs already have financial stability - a guaranteed ~ £150 m for the next 4 or so years just for being in the Premier League. How much more stability than that could you possibly want? How about stop spending above your means and accruing debt more than  100% of your annual revenue?

Yes, I hate the way people - I note that Parish didn't do this in the video above - keep conceding rhetorical ground about 'the need for reform' and 'the need for financial stability', which is framing the issue in precisely the way these clubs want.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Purslow was talking about punitive punishment. Meaning he wants the bastards hanged.

Purslow for next on the throne with powers give back to the monarchy.

At least in medieval days they were honest when they'd tell you your money were being taken 🤣

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Relegate them all to League 2 for next season and start them all on -30 points.

And ban them from all European Competitions for 10 years.

Anything less would be an insult to the legacy fans up and down the country.

• Haha 1

It's high treason. If you did this as a private employee you'd be fired. If you did it as a soldier you'd be summarily executed or sent to gitmo. They did it during a feckin pandemic during the bloody kick racism out weekend. The weekend they were going to put a spotlight to the anti-racism work. It's despicable and I hope the owners are catapulted out of the country, and get booed every time someone recognised them or their despicable families.

Edited by magnkarl

Â