Breakaway League

Jareth

Premier league does have a cheek though, I was randomly reminded of the 39th game idea from a decade ago that Scudamore dreamed up so you have the then CEO wanting to completely alter the integrity of the league season not so long ago!

Power and money will always corrupt and warp people's minds I'm afraid and it will never change. I would say though for all the stick they get I think a lot of players and managers have stood up and said their piece behind the scenes in last 24 hours that has massively impacted on the U turns, only have to see the Guardiola press conference today.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

They're still planning it.

If the can get away with it, Utd, Liverpool and Spurs will definitely head straight back.

The punishments dished out need to be brutal so they don't even consider it.

Doesn't even look proofread. Like someone typed it on their phone. Yeah I'm sure the English teams caved because of the pressure "out on them". 

• Like 1

United's statement:

Manchester United will not be participating in the European Super League.

We have listened carefully to the reaction from our fans, the UK government and other key stakeholders.

We remain committed to working with others across the football community to come up with sustainable solutions to the long-term challenges facing the game

Those long term challenges being that Manchester United expect to be outrageously richer than everyone else they play football against and to win all the time and that hasn't been happening as much lately.

The cheek from these bastards, upset that their own efforts to price everyone else out of football has come back too bite them and now they want special treatment not only to survive, but to maintain their privileged position.
Edited by ThunderPower_14
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They're still planning it.

If the can get away with it, Utd, Liverpool and Spurs will definitely head straight back.

The punishments dished out need to be brutal so they don't even consider it.

"Fully aligned with European law" correct me if I'm wrong but Brexit?. 

I need to be put in charge of the punishment. 5 year transfer ban. No voting rights. £200m fine each. Euro ban. Eff them. They agreed and signed up to destroy football. No mercy.

Maybe, just maybe, the Madrid’s and the United’s etc can now look at making themselves sustainable rather than looking to change the entire fabric of competitive football to safeguard their spending.

I’m delighted this has fallen down, I think it could well have been the straw that broke the camels back in terms of my relationship with football. It’s great to see the ‘big six’ coming back with their tails between their legs and the ongoing boardroom meltdowns. On one hand I’m all for punishment, sure it would be great to strip them of points or something like that but there’s value in taking the high ground now and not trying to react tit for tat. 

Football hangers-on like Perez are a cancer on the sport, having to listen to his bloated face talk about how football is broken is galling when he’s presided over a club who continually broke transfer fees and set record wages time after time, it’s not football that’s the problem with Madrid’s finances, it’s their inability to be anything other than the top dogs in all facets.

No club has a right to be number one, every club has a right to strive to be number one.

Faith in football somewhat restored, now to get rid of VAR too 🥴

For me the punishment has to be relegation ... a reminder to these clubs of what it is like to have to rebuild and fight for promotion as they have clearly forgotten the difficult challenge it is. 

It would remind them, heck it would actually make them experience for the first time even just how tough it is to rise again when faced with FFP etc which did not exist the last time they had to gain promotions. 
Make them face and have to climb the protective wall they helped impose. 

It has to be this as it is the pyramid they were attempting to destroy. 

An eye for an eye effectively! 

In terms of getting rid of the toxic twelve owners and chairmen, Barcelona and Real are owned by members, I would imagine they'll cast out Laporta and Perez at the earliest opportunity. AC Milan are owned by Paul Singer who is essentially a debt vulture, he'll have no interest in hanging around I'd imagine and will sell up at the first time of asking. I'm not sure about Inter, Atletico but I hope something can be done.

Juventus are gong to be really difficult, the Agnelli family has owned and run the club since 1947 - how on earth you break that bond I don't know - removing the son from the CEO position isn't the same as taking the club away from the father.

For me though it's the English owners who are going to be most difficult to get at; John Henry, the Glazers, Abramovich, Kroenke, Sheikh Monsour and Joe Lewis aren't going to be easy to do anything about. Joe Lewis is in his eighties and it might well be that his heirs will decide the club isn't worth the trouble, but the others are entrenched and experienced in dealing with their own unpopularity.

It's not easy, but this is the group that should be facing punishments - and if UEFA and the leagues have any sense of their own self survival, they will need to make inroads on removing them.

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In terms of getting rid of the toxic twelve owners and chairmen, Barcelona and Real are owned by members, I would imagine they'll cast out Laporta and Perez at the earliest opportunity. AC Milan are owned by Paul Singer who is essentially a debt vulture, he'll have no interest in hanging around I'd imagine and will sell up at the first time of asking. I'm not sure about Inter, Atletico but I hope something can be done.

Juventus are gong to be really difficult, the Agnelli family has owned and run the club since 1947 - how on earth you break that bond I don't know - removing the son from the CEO position isn't the same as taking the club away from the father.

For me though it's the English owners who are going to be most difficult to get at; John Henry, the Glazers, Abramovich, Kroenke, Sheikh Monsour and Joe Lewis aren't going to be easy to do anything about. Joe Lewis is in his eighties and it might well be that his heirs will decide the club isn't worth the trouble, but the others are entrenched and experienced in dealing with their own unpopularity.

It's not easy, but this is the group that should be facing punishments - and if UEFA and the leagues have any sense of their own self survival, they will need to make inroads on removing them.

Just remove the headache of trying to remove the bad actors (cutting off a Hydra's head etc), and just punish/sanction them heavily and get them to play by the rules. They can keep the clubs if they stay in line but if they ever try some shit like that again, they'll be removed organically through pressure as I imagine the top will blow off the kettle if that happens.

I've come around to the idea of docking them 20 points next season and banning them from both domestic cups for 3 years. UEFA won't have the balls to ban them from Europe, will they?

Edited by maqroll

Â