Breakaway League

Jareth

I would take the prize money from those 6 teams for 2 seasons and give it to teams in League 1 and League 2 to sort their finances out. Maybe improve their youth infrastructure so that they can bring players through and improve revenue from that area. But you’ve got things like improving stadiums, training grounds etc in these divisions, which would benefit so many people vs. giving it to the other 14 PL clubs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nope. I disagree. 

They need to be made an example of. Otherwise what’s stopping them planning a slightly different but maybe more pallatable version? Or doing their homework a bit better next time so they nail the legal side of it?

There need to be a deterrent. Like I suggested, some of the punishment may be “suspended”, but there needs to be something and I think UEFA and the FA know that

Yes there does... I really hope there are sanctions made against them...

But I dont think there will be...

Football is so, SO corrupt...

There was a chink in the armour that was exposed a couple of days ago when 5 of the biggest clubs in our league (and also Spurs) decided to buddy up and form a splinter league for their own benefit...

But I dont think UEFA or the FA have the stones to make them actually pay for their crimes...

They wont deduct point from them...
They wont impose transfer embargos...
They wont ban them from European competition...
They wont fine them substantially...

As much as I would like to see the 6 with a -20 point deduction at the end of this season/start of next season and a 3 year transfer embargo....

Its not going to happen...

I believe, sadly, that they will all get off with a slap on the wrist...

Which sucks, because they should be punished.... significantly

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looks like there are several hundred Chelsea fans outside Stamford Bridge protesting. 

Good on em.

Jamie Caraggher were calling on the Liverpool fans to do exact same and get the Owner out of the club, he said it's happened before at Liverpool and it will happen again.

He said if everyone unites against this they have not a chance.

Those who have signed up already have done so out of greed or need, Barca were always going to sign, they are so screwed financial wise that they need the money and I bet there are more top Europeon clubs in that 15 in that position. Some are forced to sign it seems, other want to sign out of the thought of more money.

Glad some German Clubs have said no to this.

Fans and those 15 clubs players will unite and fight back over this, I do not see how they can make it work and win against the two most important pieces which is fans and players.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nope. I disagree. 

They need to be made an example of. Otherwise what’s stopping them planning a slightly different but maybe more pallatable version? Or doing their homework a bit better next time so they nail the legal side of it?

There need to be a deterrent. Like I suggested, some of the punishment may be “suspended”, but there needs to be something and I think UEFA and the FA know that

I agree with you Steve, fans may suffer out of it for abit if these club Owners are proper sanctioned and fined but they will truly hate there clubs Owners in return and even push the fans into mass protests to get them out.

No tollerance bulcrap to this sort of behaviour is needed, these who are influencing this type of rubbish need dealing with or they will never learn there lesson.

The fans are going to suffer anyway, these Owners think not about all the new costs a fan will incur in these changes.

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

So does this mean we'll be fighting for a CL spot with Leeds now? 

I bet they'll just reduce the coefficient until the Bitch Ass 6 are back in the competitions.

How good would the champions league be with clubs that give a shit though?

World Cup levels of excitement for every game. Won't happen but you can dream 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I'm having a good old twitter spat with a Spurs fan who is adamant they should not be punished for this act of insurrection. Not fair on fans, they are angry blah blah blah whilst missing the point that should there be no ramifications for this then the same 6 will try again give it 6-12 months. Seriously the sudden cry to not punish these 6 clubs from Sky pundits and tits like that Kavi bloke is unbelievable. To be fair, go on redcafe and nigh on all manure fans are saying they have no problem if the club gets demoted. Spurs fans seem as obnoxious as their repugnant chairman.

Shocker...

Spurs fan thinks that what they support and represent should never be held accountable for its actions...

The owners will be back at this definitely, but next time they'll have all their legal ducks lined up, so to speak. They won't leave anything to chance. They don't care about the reaction.

A real punishment must be handed out even if it only temporarily reduces the status of the teams who wanted in to the SL. Imagine spurs and arsenal signing up to this if they've been relegated?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I'm having a good old twitter spat with a Spurs fan who is adamant they should not be punished for this act of insurrection. Not fair on fans, they are angry blah blah blah whilst missing the point that should there be no ramifications for this then the same 6 will try again give it 6-12 months. Seriously the sudden cry to not punish these 6 clubs from Sky pundits and tits like that Kavi bloke is unbelievable. To be fair, go on redcafe and nigh on all manure fans are saying they have no problem if the club gets demoted. Spurs fans seem as obnoxious as their repugnant chairman.

There will be a percentage that want all this to go ahead, they will be the ones most likely who are able to afford all the changes and ramped up expenses. Soon as they lose their livelyhood and they can't afford it no longer watch there tune change. They would soon be amongst the group who will be protesting against there clubs Owner for trying this superleague experiment.

Why would any fan want to be in a super League where all form of competition is taken out from the game, it's ignorance and total disrespect for those who are in the game alongside you.

I think any fan siding with there club over this does not see the bad that comes with it all, they think more money is going to be spended, with that would need to come more ticket costs, cost of living at away games would go up, travelling expense. This whole expected 10k a year for a fan expenditure to watch a team play football, I would never dream paying that.

UEFA and the league's, other clubs left out, players, fans this should be a united front against this super League. It's no longer who supports who and who's team is shit, it's everyone against an idea of greed by men who think they can control the sport and do what they like in it and dictate how football runs.

This is why powerful people should never be in charge of the world, they will destroy it.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Swerbs said:

Thanks mate, seems like bollocks to me though. As if they would just offer it to half of them as well......

It will all be clear tomorrow.

Talksport doing their job nicely this evening and winding me up.

A Utd fan and an Arsenal fan saying no punishment for them is fair because it was the owners not the club.

Saying they haven't done anything wrong.

Unlucky I'm afraid. It must be massive MASSIVE points and financial penalties.

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

The owners will be back at this definitely, but next time they'll have all their legal ducks lined up, so to speak. They won't leave anything to chance. They don't care about the reaction.

A real punishment must be handed out even if it only temporarily reduces the status of the teams who wanted in to the SL. Imagine spurs and arsenal signing up to this if they've been relegated?

They can go back to it as much as they like and will be stopped each time, even lowly me can come up with a whole bag full of ways to stop them nevermind experts in their respective fields.

9 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

How good would the champions league be with clubs that give a shit though?

World Cup levels of excitement for every game. Won't happen but you can dream 

I think for a start these clubs are going to lose some real damn brilliant players who won't hesitate to walk out on there contracts. UEFA and the league's could easy say anyone who wants to walk out on there contracts simply won't get done and there are way more teams out there that would have you and pay your wages.

For many players out there losing the world cup, champions League, Euro's and so on would be horrendous for them. World class players won't even dream of setting foot in the super League if they can't appear in none of the above and I think UEFA and the league's have every right to play that card and I'm sure players will understand as well.

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Talksport doing their job nicely this evening and winding me up.

A Utd fan and an Arsenal fan saying no punishment for them is fair because it was the owners not the club.

Saying they haven't done anything wrong.

Unlucky I'm afraid. It must be massive MASSIVE points and financial penalties.

The Owners are dragging Hundred year old clubs through the mud that is a given and it shouldn't be allowed. You just can't do anything to the Owners without doing anything to the clubs.

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The thing which really gets me riled up is that teams such as Birmingham City who broke FFP rules were deducted 9 points I believe for spending more than they should for their own gain. There were no arguments at the time that it was unfair because their 9 supporters had nothing to do with it. Owners of football clubs make bad decisions, the football club as a result receives a punishment for that. Not the owners. 

This scummy 6 tried to effectively destroy the football pyramid within this country purely for their own gain and what's worse is that they would have negatively impacted so many other clubs and they did not give a flying **** about it. So what, their owners made bad decisions but for whatever reason this time, there's arguments to say that the clubs themselves shouldn't be punished, just the owners?

I'm sorry but there's a level of hypocrisy within that argument that I just can't get behind. 

Everything these clubs have done is far far far worse than anything remotely like Birmingham City or other clubs spending too much cash and breaking an FFP rules. 

This needs to be punished. It needs to be punished harshly. Probably more severe than we've ever seen clubs punished before in this country. 

peaky blinders GIF

Relegate them for all this trouble, from the division they are in and offer them no parachute payments or anything.

Let's see how many of there players stick around playing championship football for a start. I think they should be made to play down there for one simple reason which is to not take the piss with our game, which is not take for granted where they are now and what they have and most of all which is to not upset everyone in and around the sport.

They have pissed me off and I would reset them which would be far worse than what Birmingham city or other clubs got which was a points deduction, they need an instant relegation.

Â