Breakaway League

Jareth

Just now, blunther said:

Yeah, I do hope there some juicy legal wrangling on the way. Few hundred million in legal fees to push one or two of the bastards over the edge. 

I wonder how that will work for their bottom lines.

Just now, blunther said:
4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Apparently these clubs are in legally binding contracts.

Yeah, I do hope there some juicy legal wrangling on the way. Few hundred million in legal fees to push one or two of the bastards over the edge. 

Apparently if they all decide to dissolve the project then they won't be fined.

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Apparently these clubs are in legally binding contracts.

Depends what’s in the contract to be honest or what contract has been entered into.  Souness just said that and badly for me I rolled my eyes because he probably has never been involved in a contracts process.  I would love to see what has been written and signed.  Given the clubs have backed out so easily, I can’t believe it’s the final contract given the cost they would incur if that was the case.

13 minutes ago, markc said:

Makes you wonder. All the planning and cost that would have gone into this and then to fold so quickly🤔

Yeah it's a bit suspect.. Also have you seen the website they created? 

It's like one of them knocked it up in a couple of hours whilst having a costa.. 

For a project worth 300 billion plus or whatever, that website is a pointer to something not being very serious... 

The words used in it also chosen to infuriate fans.. What was it.. 'the best clubs, the best players' etc.. 

It almost like they are leaving a clue that this was never the plan.. 

Who knows? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Yeah it's a bit suspect.. Also have you seen the website they created? 

It's like one of them knocked it up in a couple of hours whilst having a costa.. 

For a project worth 300 billion plus or whatever, that website is a pointer to something not being very serious... 

The words used in it also chosen to infuriate fans.. What was it.. 'the best clubs, the best players' etc.. 

It almost like they are leaving a clue that this was never the plan.. 

Who knows? 

Perhaps that they knew it would never happen but that it would give them leverage to ram through all the other things they want.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

The most pathetic of statements - no apology at all. Stay classy, Man City. 

Youre right, but compared to Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, ManU who have all said nothing this is big.

The biggest, grossest, oil club of them all has beaten Liverpool to the punch.

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

The website is a joke (by that I mean rubbish, rather than brilliant as the yoots now say)

I expect it to be replaced with a 404 error by the weekend... Official site

My 80 year old mother could have made that with template software.

Edited by maqroll

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

Youre right, but compared to Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, ManU who have all said nothing this is big.

The biggest, grossest, oil club of them all has beaten Liverpool to the punch.

Indeed. It’s a grotesque carnival. Even more embarrassing for the other clubs. 

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Perhaps that they knew it would never happen but that it would give them leverage to ram through all the other things they want.

Nail on head

• Like 1

Â