Breakaway League

Jareth

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The noise coming out of UEFA seems to be that all is forgiven.

yeah course it is. anyone that expected anything different is deluded

Mansour, Abrahmovic et al. Dont give a **** about football, the clubs in it or the fans.

They backed out as the backlash and subsequent risk to their bottom line was too high. This “welcome back with open arms” and saviour of football shite is making me just as angry as the initial proposal

• Like 1

There should still be serious repercussions for this plot. Ban them from European football for 5 years. If someone commits treason, they don’t get a free pass simply for saying they’ve changed their mind. Need to take a close look the suitability of some of these owners too.

50 minutes ago, trekka said:

Yep, I said this morning that sponsors might react badly. Companies guard their brands very carefully and this has caused SO much bad feeling for so many people a lot of brands just won't want to be associated with it. 

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

FFS the saviour of football.

May be an image of 3 people and text that says "MailOnline Sport 420 shares IAN HERBERT: Sheikh Mansour might just be the unlikely saviour of football. Man City's owner knows his manager, players and fans don't want the Super League... his early decision to pull out could be the catalyst for this greedy scheme to QUICKLY crumble By lan Herbert For The Daily Mail 20:41, 20 Apr 2021 updated 20:41, 20 Apr 2021 TECL த 2 f +8 420 shares 102 comments"

Must admit I kind of thought this about the Chelsea fans proclaiming they had saved football earlier.

Chelsea fans saved us from the damage Chelsea were doing.

That’s like BP saving us from Climate Change.

Florentino is still fighting, Lens will be so proud to be name dropped

"The situation is serious and everyone is in agreement to carry on with the project and seek a solution. No one is under pressure.

"I am convinced that Bayern Munich and PSG will join us in the end, but we have not yet spoken to them. Teams like Lens will also be able to access [the Super League] and they will be able to sell their players to the best clubs, something they can no longer do because of the crisis.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2021/04/20/607f2b1946163f3b2d8b45cf.html

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Has to be still some punishment for the 12 teams, can’t let them get away with what they tried to do

I think UEFA has to act, maybe a 2/3 year ban from Champions League and a similar transfer ban. Maybe City and Chelsea if they have acted early can have reduced bans

Just now, Zatman said:

Maybe City and Chelsea if they have acted early can have reduced bans

I really hope that these 2 don’t get leaner punishments just because they folded to peer pressure sooner.

I am sure they would have stayed in the Super League if they could have.

Ah Souness good while it was lasted. "The players shouldn't be punished, the managers shouldn't be punished." 

Carragher the same. At least Neville saying that he wants them all to be punished meaning the clubs.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I really hope that these 2 don’t get leaner punishments just because they folded to peer pressure sooner.

I am sure they would have stayed in the Super League if they could have.

You can be sure FIFA and UEFA have given the teams x amount of days to pull out with no punishment. 

I expect they'll quickly sweep it under the carpet, no one will be punished, same with the FA. 

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Ah Souness good while it was lasted. "The players shouldn't be punished, the managers shouldn't be punished." 

Carragher the same. At least Neville saying that he wants them all to be punished.

Sourness is right. The managers and players were deliberately kept out of the loop. Plenty have stood up and condemned this. The owners are a different matter. 

Â