Pre-match thread

BOF

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Anyone looking forward to watching this? I hope we dish out some immediate punishment to them and take the points. Won’t happen though, but you never know. 

It's weird because this is probably the least excited and the least I've looked forward to a game all season. The way we've been playing lately has put me in a proper negative frame of mind! Hopefully ill feel better about it later when I see us passing the ball around with speed and confidence!

• Sad 1

After the last couple of days of ESL drama I feel rather apathetic about this one - We all know the outcome right? :( 

Looks like both teams will have their best player missing, City with KDB and us with Trez  Jack, unfortunately for us they have an abundance of world class players to step up in De Bruyne's absence whereas we have recently proved we... erm.. don't.

I think it will be either nil v 2, 3 or 4 - Depending on when City get the inevitable first and how easy or hard they go with us (*awaits gif) 😜.

It's been 15 games since we played them at the Etihad and although we have beaten Newcastle, Saints, Arsenal, Leeds and Fulham in that time, I haven't really enjoyed any of those games - Ok the defensive fight against Arsenal was nice to see but the quality has been lacking - In fact I think the 2-0 defeat against this lot was probably our last good performance (until we got robbed!). - This just exemplifies our reliance on Grealish. 

That aside, I hope we come out fighting and try to play some decent stuff, it's a free hit but I'll be amazed if we are in the top 10 AT 10 later this evening!

I'd go with - Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Nakamba, Luiz, McGinn, Watkins, Davis, El Ghazi - Formation could either be used as (4-1-4-1) or (4-5-1 / 4-3-3).

UTV f*** the greedy 6!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

After the last couple of days of ESL drama I feel rather apathetic about this one - We all know the outcome right? :( 

Looks like both teams will have their best player missing, City with KDB and us with Trez  Jack, unfortunately for us they have an abundance of world class players to step up in De Bruyne's absence whereas we have recently proved we... erm.. don't.

I think it will be either nil v 2, 3 or 4 - Depending on when City get the inevitable first and how easy or hard they go with us (*awaits gif) 😜.

It's been 15 games since we played them at the Etihad and although we have beaten Newcastle, Saints, Arsenal, Leeds and Fulham in that time, I haven't really enjoyed any of those games - Ok the defensive fight against Arsenal was nice to see but the quality has been lacking - In fact I think the 2-0 defeat against this lot was probably our last good performance (until we got robbed!). - This just exemplifies our reliance on Grealish. 

That aside, I hope we come out fighting and try to play some decent stuff, it's a free hit but I'll be amazed if we are in the top 10 AT 10 later this evening!

I'd go with - Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Nakamba, Luiz, McGinn, Watkins, Davis, El Ghazi - Formation could either be used as (4-1-4-1) or (4-5-1 / 4-3-3).

UTV f*** the greedy 6!

We were brilliant against Burnley to be fair, probably best football we've played all season. Missed too many chances and concedes soft goals though and we ended up losing a game we really should have comfortably won. 

Have a terrible feeling about tonight, the prospect of playing against city with our current form and with Traore and El Ghazi on the wings is depressing and leaves virtually no. Room for hope or optimism. 

I'd almost be tempted to go 5 at the back, nakamba mcginn and Luiz holding and watkins and Davis up top to lump it up. Not gonna happen though. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, WooJung said:

We were brilliant against Burnley to be fair, probably best football we've played all season. Missed too many chances and concedes soft goals though and we ended up losing a game we really should have comfortably won. 

Have a terrible feeling about tonight, the prospect of playing against city with our current form and with Traore and El Ghazi on the wings is depressing and leaves virtually no. Room for hope or optimism. 

I'd almost be tempted to go 5 at the back, nakamba mcginn and Luiz holding and watkins and Davis up top to lump it up. Not gonna happen though. 

Yeah I agree we were fantastic (especially first half). I couldn't bring myself to mention this one though because I still cant believe we lost! 

Wouldn't argue with the rest of your post either!👍

I would however put my mortgage on a line up of Emi, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Nakamba, McGinn, Luiz, Traore,  Watkins, El Ghazi.

• Like 1

It's hard to feel any sort of enthusiasm for this game. Not just because of this weeks events but also because it's Man City and we're pretty terrible against them, and no Grealish. Will probably be a 5-1 loss. 

4 hours ago, birdman said:

It's weird because this is probably the least excited and the least I've looked forward to a game all season. The way we've been playing lately has put me in a proper negative frame of mind!

This is exactly where I am, specifically because we are turning into 'old Villa', meaning the team that inevitably rolls over and temporarily allows the opposition to feel good about themselves again, like Liverpool & Spurs, until they carry on scratching out draws and defeats elsewhere.

Edited by AvonVillain
  • Like 1