Pre-match thread

BOF

33 minutes ago, romavillan said:

If Hause is fit we could play a three and have cash and targett wide. 

-------------------------------------Martinez-----------------------------------

----------------Konsa------------Mings--------------Hause-------------

Cash----------------Luiz--------------------McGinn-----------Targett

-------------------------------------Traore--------------------------------------

----------------------Davis-----------------------Watkins-------------------

Would be a decent side but I'd be really surprised if we do that, you could put someone alongside Traore instead of 2 up top which would give us a better chance of keeping the ball when we get it and try and choke their midfield. Tricky game to blood some of the youngsters too as if we end up getting a pasting it's not the best for their confidence I spose but Grealish's mentality survived his first run in a dire team in the Prem...

Hause if fit and I like that formation.

I really can't see Traore being a success as a ten though, I've seen a few people put him there and it baffles me, I think he'd be lost - having a touchline next to him is the only thing that keeps him even vaguely in any sort of specific position.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hause if fit and I like that formation.

I really can't see Traore being a success as a ten though, I've seen a few people put him there and it baffles me, I think he'd be lost - having a touchline next to him is the only thing that keeps him even vaguely in any sort of specific position.

Ha, yeah it's more as he's the only one fit I'd fancy could do something special. Can't see Barkley getting back his early season form unfortunately. Giving a free role behind two strikers to Traore might just give him a platform to do something mental and unexpected. He's got all the football tools in abundance but yep I can't see him following tactical instructions to the letter, so either "stay close to the white line" or "run be free" might be the order of the day...

• Like 1

On 18/04/2021 at 17:27, romavillan said:

If Hause is fit we could play a three and have cash and targett wide. 

-------------------------------------Martinez-----------------------------------

----------------Konsa------------Mings--------------Hause-------------

Cash----------------Luiz--------------------McGinn-----------Targett

-------------------------------------Traore--------------------------------------

----------------------Davis-----------------------Watkins-------------------

Would be a decent side but I'd be really surprised if we do that, you could put someone alongside Traore instead of 2 up top which would give us a better chance of keeping the ball when we get it and try and choke their midfield. Tricky game to blood some of the youngsters too as if we end up getting a pasting it's not the best for their confidence I spose but Grealish's mentality survived his first run in a dire team in the Prem...

Not a bad option.

Or a 4-3-3 with an extra CM'er - Nakamba or Ramsey - instead of Hause.

• Like 1

Out of the two players who made a massive impact as subs against Fulham we've lost one but we've still got the other available, Keinan Davis, so I'd quite like to see him get his first start of the season. With Watkins playing slightly in front of him, I guess, maybe in a 4-1-4-1 rather than a 4-4-2 to avoid getting too overrun in midfield (if Davis can do well in an attacking central midfield position). 😕 In front of Emi and the usual back four:

Luiz

Traore     McGinn      Davis       AEG

Watkins

Edited by robby b

On 18/04/2021 at 16:46, fightoffyour said:

It’s bleak in here isn’t it. 1-0 Villa, Davis.

Not sure what's more ridiculous, the thought of us beating Man City or Davis scoring an actual goal with a real football in an a proper football match.

I think the latter. 

• Haha 2

Tricky to pick a side and a full bench.

---------------------------------Martinez-----------------------------

Cash--------------Konsa------------Mings-----------Targett

------------------------------Nakamba------------------------------

-----------------------Luiz---------------McGinn------------------

Traore---------------------------------------------------El Ghazi

------------------------------Watkins-------------------------------

Subs; Heaton, Taylor, Elmohamady, Hause, Engels, J Ramsey, Barkley, Davis and erm......one more - it won't be Barry, Kesler, Chukwuemeka or A Ramsey all of whom either played ninety minutes or came off injured for the U18's today - maybe Philogene-Bidace or Wesley?