Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/21 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am not surprised. Played every game? Why we didn't bring in another forward in January rather than Sanson could cost us a few positions in the league.

Fear not we have Keinan Zero goals Davis to replace him if needed.

13 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

But we are making such basic errors.  Things that are so easily coached.

I'd be ashamed of a scoolboys team playing as badly as we have at times in the last few games.

Same players making the same errors game after game, manager changing nothing, picking the wrongvtype of player for the wrong opposition.  Making like for like changes or playing people out of position rather than looking to change a game.

I'd prefer us to look competent at lose, than play like losers and scrape by.  We are a shambles.

Smith has taken us to the height of his ability, and i thank him.  But he is out of his depth and needs to move on.  As do many of the 

19 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

But we are making such basic errors.  Things that are so easily coached.

I'd be ashamed of a scoolboys team playing as badly as we have at times in the last few games.

Same players making the same errors game after game, manager changing nothing, picking the wrongvtype of player for the wrong opposition.  Making like for like changes or playing people out of position rather than looking to change a game.

I'd prefer us to look competent at lose, than play like losers and scrape by.  We are a shambles.

Smith has taken us to the height of his ability, and i thank him.  But he is out of his depth and needs to move on.  As do many of the players

Please be our manager you seem to have the answers to our current predicament of being in the top half of the premier league after narrowly missing relegation last season 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think you find that football is the winner.

Either that or Sky who get paid millions from the punters.

I thought the quality was missing from both teams, so I would say, football was the loser...in that context.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Was that him getting out muscled for their goal?

That was Luiz in a mis match with Lascelles at the front post .....He was outmuscled for their other big moment too, when Murphy hit the bar.

10 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Struggled to pay attention to that. Trash. Awful game. Very few glimmers of hope... Konsa starting to look Rolls Royce - might **** off in the summer at this rate.

Hopefully not if we are to progress we need to build with players like him. Was Mings really bullied by Joel Linton tonight ? Really looked like it to me but he has been solid in a lot of games so needs to step up and become more consistently effective not just good in a lower level premier league team 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t know if Watkins got a sense of nostalgia tonight playing at St James Park but he looked every inch an Exeter player.

That was his worst game for us....I think that was coming, the guy needs a break, having to do too much.....he needs some help.

• Like 2

It’s Friday night, we’ve all had a few beers. I presume we won because it’s the only logical outcome.

If we didn’t then so be it, shit happens. And shit seems to follow Steve Bruce around in disproportionate quantities.

Goodnight x

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

He's on £100k a week.  He should be the difference maker and not someone you defend by saying it wasn't all his fault!!

Sorry but it wasnt all his fault was it!  Silly to say otherwise.  I think he's in poor form, not contributing at the moment and will be gone in a couple months time but despite him earning a big wage every week, today wasnt all his fault was it?!  The team was poor and all contributed to a poor performance never mind if we had won 1-0 or as we did in the final seconds 1-1.  Difference maker he should be but we also shouldnt have conceded that last minute sloppy goal where we had a couple of chances to clear in the build up and that wasnt Barkley's fault.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

That was Luiz in a mis match with Lascelles at the front post .....He was outmuscled for their other big moment too, when Murphy hit the bar.

You're right about the Murphy chance, but I don't think that's fair on the Lascelles goal, as Lascelles should have been picked up by someone else bigger behind Luiz.

The real problem today was going forward - we didn't put the game to bed when we had chances. Barkley has played AEG and Watkins in, and then we also had a 4 v 2 we completely messed up. Think Traore was quite a big loss, as even though he's erratic, he guarantees a couple of moments of magic.

Desperately need Jack back. I'd also quite like to see Wesley back soon tbh. Watkins is definitely the better player, but he's starting to look a bit jaded, and I'd like to have that option to do something different.

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

It was on BT Sport we rarely win on BT Sport. If I recall correctly we have only won once when they cover the game. I blame them for everything, including Covid and the price of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. 

Reminds me of a similar curse of when we used to be on Setanta.

Never won bugger all when we were shown on there way back when iirc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Absolute shit show.

A few games now we've looked like the team fighting to stay in the league.

Europe. Ha! Who are we kidding.

I wish the Media would drop this Europe thing.....we are not ready for Europe.

53 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How people can defend this I don't know. 

We're a poorly coached side. No patterns of play. 

It’s not American football patterns of play are a bit more fluid 

8 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

You're right about the Murphy chance, but I don't think that's fair on the Lascelles goal, as Lascelles should have been picked up by someone else bigger behind Luiz.

The real problem today was going forward - we didn't put the game to bed when we had chances. Barkley has played AEG and Watkins in, and then we also had a 4 v 2 we completely messed up. Think Traore was quite a big loss, as even though he's erratic, he guarantees a couple of moments of magic.

Desperately need Jack back. I'd also quite like to see Wesley back soon tbh. Watkins is definitely the better player, but he's starting to look a bit jaded, and I'd like to have that option to do something different.

I'm not blaming Luiz....Just saying it was a mismatch....poor organisation.

Its so difficult to match a 6'2 defender when you are 5'9......but thats what happens when you have midfielders on the small side.....its not the first time its happened either......as an example...West Ham are cuter, they have units in Soucek and Rice in there, you stand a bit more chance then of helping the defence at set pieces.....ours mean well, its just hard to compete with aerial Balls, when you have a mis match like we had tonight.

yeah ,there we so many other elements in the game, to cringe at.

• Like 2

Â