Ratings & Reactions: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/21 at 23:59

An utterly dire game that neither side deserved to win. We look completely devoid of any ideas offensively without Grealish and there’s such a lack of movement without him. 

We really didn’t retain the ball well enough atall at 0-1 and paid the ultimate price. Horrible and feels like a loss. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Exactly Rob. The drop off in energy levels in players is alarming. It's like a debilitating illness has quashed their energy levels. Like something along the lines of a viral infection that affects the respretory system #covid

100% agree. We were lucky not to suffer earlier in the season with Covid otherwise we'd probably be in a delegation scrap! 

25 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Jokeworthy.

I'm done with this useless lot, playets, coaches, manaher and all.

Not good enough to a man.

See you next season.

If you are serious and I’m not sure you are, but if you are you could go and follow a number of teams around Europe/ the world who win most of their matches it’s very easy with the internet. If you are really a Villa fan you need to wait a few years to achieve your desire to follow a truly successful Villa team.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Are Aston Villa completely **** horrible to watch at the moment, yes or no? 

Yes...back to being a long ball team and it's painful to watch

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Our squad is decent, our management is decent too, with jack we punch above our weight, but with NSWE money we can be the next Man City. The talent is there, the consistency isn’t. The differenece between us and a genuine top 6 team/champion is (1) experience at this level (2) more quality players in every position (2 seasons transfer windows) (3) Another forward or two. 

I would bet £1000 we will be top 5 in two seasons if NSWE continue their commitment.

Yep, totally agree. Keep Grealish and a few others and add some real quality in midfield and attack and we can take the next step. We have one of the best goalies in the league, one of the best defenders in the league and possibly the most exciting player I have ever seen in a Villa shirt. The future is bright but I still wouldn't put that on a scarf just yet

Just now, smg said:

If you are serious and I’m not sure you are, but if you are you could go and follow a number of teams around Europe/ the world who win most of their matches it’s very easy with the internet. If you are really a Villa fan you need to wait a few years to achieve your desire to follow a truly successful Villa team.

But we are making such basic errors.  Things that are so easily coached.

I'd be ashamed of a scoolboys team playing as badly as we have at times in the last few games.

Same players making the same errors game after game, manager changing nothing, picking the wrongvtype of player for the wrong opposition.  Making like for like changes or playing people out of position rather than looking to change a game.

I'd prefer us to look competent at lose, than play like losers and scrape by.  We are a shambles.

Smith has taken us to the height of his ability, and i thank him.  But he is out of his depth and needs to move on.  As do many of the players

• Confused 3

Season dribbling to its conclusion with us probably finishing lower mid table. I would have been very happy at that at the start of  the season. But given our position around January time we had a great chance of getting a top 8 finish. Probably too soon but feels a bit frustrating given how out of form teams like Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs have been this season.

Yes we have been picking up points without Jack but we have not been playing well and they have been easy fixtures really. We have a lot harder run coming up on paper.

We have not played well really since the covid outbreal at Bodymoor. Our early season fizz has gone. We have nicked  a few wins which is not to be sniffed at but we are running out of steam imo. Need a refresh in the summer with some players need to be moved on.  I would take 50 points now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Are Aston Villa completely **** horrible to watch at the moment, yes or no? 

Right now a lot of teams are. A consequence of short break between seasons., no crowds to give the players a lift. It was a poor game but expect many more before the season is out. 

That was poor. We have certainly lost our rhythm.

Our wide players are not good enough.  El Ghazi just wants to shoot all of the time.  Trez puts in a shift but has no real quality.  Both need replacing in the summer for me.

Ollie had a poor game with the ball bouncing off him BUT he still puts in a 100% shift and caused the goal.  Its his first season in the PL and he has played every minute - he would ideally get a break if we had anyone else that could spell him

The midfield dynamic is just not right at the minute.  Ramsey doesn't look lost but he also doesn't look like he really knows his role - it would have been better if he could have gone out on loan and got some experience out of the limelight in the Championship but our numbers didn't allow this.  I desperately hope we don't keep Barkley - he has been largely poor.

Back 5 looked good again, even Elmo was fairly solid but he adds nothing coming forward.

We are safe.  We aren't getting into Europe.  I would possibly use this time to give other young players - Carney and Jadon - a run out and see what they are made off and whether they can help next year or need loans.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

But we are making such basic errors.  Things that are so easily coached.

I'd be ashamed of a scoolboys team playing as badly as we have at times in the last few games.

Same players making the same errors game after game, manager changing nothing, picking the wrongvtype of player for the wrong opposition.  Making like for like changes or playing people out of position rather than looking to change a game.

I'd prefer us to look competent at lose, than play like losers and scrape by.  We are a shambles.

Smith has taken us to the height of his ability, and i thank him.  But he is out of his depth and needs to move on.  As do many of the players

Facts. 

Â