Pre match thread

mottaloo

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Feeling good about this one.  I think Smith's record against Bruce has to be pretty good surely?!

Also, after the Sheff/Wolves drought of goals, I can see us scoring a couple tonight

0-3 Villa :D  

Every time we played Smith's Brentford under Bruce I used to dread it as we'd get pulled apart every time. Not sure if it's particularly relevant now that both managers are at separate clubs though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Every time we played Smith's Brentford under Bruce I used to dread it as we'd get pulled apart every time. Not sure if it's particularly relevant now that both managers are at separate clubs though.

We did beat his Wednesday side and this Newcastle side twice, 2 of the easiest victories of each season.

I sat through their dog fest game v WBA last week, they showed little ambition to attack and it was the usual Bruceball of not lose at all costs. 

They are a wrecthed team, without Saint-Maximan they offer little going forward and we should be beating them comfortably if we harbour any ambitions of kicking onto the next level. 

I'd also love nothing more than for us to win this by 2 or 3 goals and push Steve Bruce and his ugly swede further into a relegation battle that he doesn't have the tools, tactics or knowhow to survive. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26

52 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Fancy us to do well tonight and come away with all three points. Watkins is definitely due a goal or two, maybe.  Remember you heard it here first.

Come on me babbys. 

sounds like Carl Chinn.lol

• Like 1

:)

"Callum is four weeks in (to rehab), he's been on the grass and is progressing," Bruce told the media on Thursday morning.

"The same for Allan and Almiron. We hope the international break will help us get them there or thereabouts."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-injury-latest-wilson-20070507

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We did beat his Wednesday side and this Newcastle side twice, 2 of the easiest victories of each season.

In all fairness the 4-2 two at Wednesday was difficult and we only got on top in the last five minutes after they missed a penalty

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

In all fairness the 4-2 two at Wednesday was difficult and we only got on top in the last five minutes after they missed a penalty

Yeah they battered us for most of that game. The 2 Newcastle games were the 2 easiest wins we had in the last 2 years. Even when we were at rock bottom last summer we still drew at SJP.

• Like 1

This is apparently our record against Newcastle at St James Park in the premier league

P25
W2
D8
L15
GF 20
GA 47

In both those two games at St James Park that we did manage to win Newcastle had a man sent off, we haven't beaten them away eleven vs eleven since 1989.

• Shocked 1