Pre match thread

mottaloo

I don't know why but Barkley being out of the lineup frustrates me.

Not because he's not in the side, that's absolutely the right call, but more that he stayed in the side while turning in poor performances when Jack was fit and we needed the legs, but now we are crying out for that creative outlet which he should(emphasis here) be and he isn't doing enough to make the side.

I don't even know if I'm explaining that we'll enough to make sense but hey. My two cents.

Edited by jjaacckk91

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

hmm not likwing the look of that to be honest.  Elmo and trez wouldnt be starters for me

I think work rate of Trez will be a big thing here. Newcastle are largely a team of cloggers, and the way we will lose here tonight is by being out fought and out run. Trez ideally covers a bit more ground. It might just be a big thing tonight. 

Not sure why people think this will be easy. I sure don't. 

• Like 1

Terrible lineup. I have nothing against Ramsey but outside of traore and watkins we have no creative players in the team with el ghazi, Jack and Sanson out and neither watkins or traore consistently create for themselves or for others. I'm fully prepared for this to be a 0-0 snooze fest. 

We cannot play both of Trezeguet and Ramsey who are essentially only in the team because thye work hard and press well. 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And I made Ollie mine.

Should we just write this off now?

I have an uncanny knack of predicting the exact opposite of what actually plays out mate. 

My strike rate is phenomenal 🤣

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Bruce is the worst manager in the league, we’ll win this by 2 comfortably and only because we take our foot off the gas otherwise it would be 6.

What kinda drugs you taken?

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

sounds like Carl Chinn.lol

I would love to spend hours with that man and just ask him everything I wanted to know about this wonderful City of ours. He sure does know his stuff. A lot of my relatives on my father's side came from Summer Lane ,which had quite a reputation back in the day. One of my great uncles, Burt Kirby, was the Featherweight champion of Britain. 

You certainly get a sense of nostalgia when you see photos of the old Brum. What this has to do with tonight's match, I don't know. 

• Like 1