Pre match thread

mottaloo

58 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think Traore really does feed off Cash. Having him as a foil or as an option tearing down the wing does seem to energise Bertie, so I'd expect we probably will see more from him tonight.

Indeed, for all the good work Elmohamady does, he doesn't take the full back away down the line the way Cash does, Traore loves the space that gives him to move inside.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I will miss this one. Not sure I’m too distraught. 

I have seen no evidence yet that the Newcastle players have realised the seriousness of their position so I expect a fairly routine win for us, about 3-0, to take us above Liverpool.

Do it for me boys.

I'll bet its a good view, from behind your sofa.lol

41 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Indeed, for all the good work Elmohamady does, he doesn't take the full back away down the line the way Cash does, Traore loves the space that gives him to move inside.

Our lot, all love the space.....its the close scrutiny, we struggle with.

Not confident of a win at all, has all the hallmarks of one of those games that's going to end with a disappointing and frustrating result, then Newcastle will go back to losing games after playing us, and people will be asking 'how did we lose to these', just like has happened with Sheffield United, Brighton, and Burnley after they beat us.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Not confident of a win at all, has all the hallmarks of one of those games that's going to end with a disappointing and frustrating result, then Newcastle will go back to losing games after playing us, and people will be asking 'how did we lose to these', just like has happened with Sheffield United, Brighton, and Burnley after they beat us.

That's a bit like where I'm at with it.

But, we have had a habit of bouncing back from disappointing results well. Not that the Wolves result in isolation is a bad result at all, but the players didn't seem happy with a point so I'm hoping there's a 'reaction' so to speak.

Either way. We have a good enough squad and they're depleted. Roll the dice! 

8 minutes ago, useless said:

I think many teams know what we don't like..... the front 6  are too easy to negate.

The defence is what has kept us going lately.

34 minutes ago, useless said:

Same.  As a team we have a bad habit of being the generous one.

Need a win...play the villa.

Need your forward to score...play the villa.

Liverpool need a home win...guess who they have coming soon .........the villa

Edited by Bazmonkey
  • Like 1

Feeling good about this one.  I think Smith's record against Bruce has to be pretty good surely?!

Also, after the Sheff/Wolves drought of goals, I can see us scoring a couple tonight

0-3 Villa :D  

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Feeling good about this one.  I think Smith's record against Bruce has to be pretty good surely?!

Also, after the Sheff/Wolves drought of goals, I can see us scoring a couple tonight

0-3 Villa :D  

Won 6 and drawn 4 of the last 10. 4 different clubs involved, but all involving Villa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Same.  As a team we have a bad habit of being the generous one.

Need a win...play the villa.

Need your forward to score...play the villa.

Liverpool need a home win...guess who they have coming soon .........the villa

Ooooooooo, I hate it....but I agree.

but with 14 clean sheets its kinda contradictory.... we are a strange team....we are like Jeykll & Hyde within the team......The back 5 are miserly most of the time and the front 6 are benelvolent.

12 wins and only 1 game, did we concede......so what happened in the rest of the 14 games??????????????

I'll be quite concerned if we can't beat these tonight. Even without Grealish we can't be dropping points to a Newcastle side with their 3 best attackers injured and managed by Steve Bruce. Our record at Newcastle is a shambles as well its about time we sorted that out. 

It's time for our attack to step up tonight, there can't be any excuses and I'll be extremely disappointed if we drop points. 

Martinez
Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett
     McGinn - Luiz - Sanson
    Traore - Watkins - El Ghazi

If he's fit enough then Cash has to start for me, we'll get from more from that side when he's starting. I'd also quite like Barkley starting tonight but I can't see Smith changing that. 

No excuses tonight just get the 3 points. Don't give Newcastle that hope of staying up again. 

Edited by Farlz

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I'll bet its a good view, from behind your sofa.lol

I might watch it on the landing from the top of the stairs, Will be like the view from the away end 😀 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3