Pre match thread

mottaloo

I was a bit surprised that Gayle didn't start today and that Carroll didn't even get on the pitch as a sub. Hayden and Fraser started in the forward positions, maybe their names ring a bell (not sure) but I don't know anything about them.

Edited by robby b

We should beat them but we don’t do too well in games that we are supposed to do well in. After the Fulham result they do however have to try and win and not just sit back and frustrate like 10 man Sheffield Utd, we should have opportunities to score and must take them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robby b said:

I was a bit surprised that Gayle didn't start today and that Carroll didn't even get on the pitch as a sub. Hayden and Fraser started in the forward positions, maybe their names ring a bell (not sure) but I don't know anything about them.

He got on for the last 30 seconds, i kid you not. I mean, what was the point in that !?

It  wasn't as if Bruce was defending a lead or running the clock down. Then again, perhaps he was delighted with the point !

Edited by mottaloo

16 minutes ago, smg said:

We should beat them but we don’t do too well in games that we are supposed to do well in. After the Fulham result they do however have to try and win and not just sit back and frustrate like 10 man Sheffield Utd, we should have opportunities to score and must take them.

Yeah (like at Sheffield United, home to Burnley, home to Brighton...). If we're lucky the Fulham result today might make Newcastle a bit nervy against us. But actually I think it's more likely to make it harder for us as, like you say, Newcastle have to try and win, they now have to fight to stay up, they're likely to be fired up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

He got on for the last 30 seconds, i kid you not. I mean, what was the point in that !?

It  wasn't as if Bruce was defending a lead or running the clock down. Then again, perhaps he was delighted with the point !

Oh, I missed that! Around 90 minutes I looked at the lineup info and saw Carroll was still on the bench. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Saint Maximin and Almiron are both out against us, should be beating these lot 

Wilson aswell so without all of their first choice front 3 (all featured in the VP game when they hardly had a serious shot).

16 hours ago, troon_villan said:

Gotta beat these surely.  

I said the same about Sheff U. And Brighton. And Leeds (early in the season). And Burnley (twice).

43 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I said the same about Sheff U. And Brighton. And Leeds (early in the season). And Burnley (twice).

Hypothetically just add all those points onto our total now 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I keep thinking (and hoping) we are due to give an opposing team a heavy defeat; I really hope it's this lot.

Sounds obvious but when Villa start a game quickly and attacking we seem to get the win. Take a few early chances and we could inflict a heavy defeat on these, hopefully!

However, I did say that against Wet Spam, Brighton and Sheff. Utd so, I dunno!

steve coogan shrug GIF

• Like 2

This is going to be a horrible game!

If we thought Sheffield lined up defensive this will take it to new levels. If you combine that with our lack of guile and creativity we are going to be in for a long game!

• Sad 1