Pre match thread

mottaloo

1 minute ago, useless said:

Our past record against Newcastle shouldn't mean too much, it has nothing to do with this current Villa team, we're even pretty much a completely different side from last season, never mind goin back to since the premier league first began.

I’m always dismissive of past records when they bring up stats going back for years. None of them have any bearing on today’s game. Both teams have different players, managers and coaching staff and the circumstances today are completely different to a set of results ten years ago. Just seems pointless that they continue to drag up these stats. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Because I love a good whinge. 

I know we're doing better overall, but surely you can't tell me the last 5-6 games haven't resembled Jan-Feb of last season. We've done really well for a big part of the season and played some beautiful stuff, so my expectations have risen a bit.

Of course I appreciate what Smith and the team have done but doesn't it make sense to expect a bit more when we've proven that we can perform on a high level regularly?

2 up top is shit with what we've got, Smith has never employed the system. Only about 3 teams in PL regularly play 2 up top and they're all shit. 

Saying why not 2 up top is just having a whinge or disguised pop at Smith for the sake of it

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Can only think Smith doesn't rate these. Playing Ramsey instead of Sanson and keeping Grealish out and Cash on the bench.

Sanson was injury doubt.  Grealish was confirmed out the other day because of midweek illness. Cash isn't being risked probably.

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

How is selection baffling. Sanson had a knock and was already a doubt and Cash and AEG are on bench as precaution with Spurs game next in mind

If they’re not fit to start, ok.

If they are fit to start, they should be. Spurs game isn’t for 9 days.

If we win tonight I won’t care a jot, but the selection isn’t great.