Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Wolves are one of the worst teams I've seen this season from that 45 minutes. We are so much better it's ridiculous but yet again same old story with Villa we haven't took our chances.

I'm still really annoyed with that Watkins opportunity when he decided to pass it to Traore, what on earth was he thinking? Stick it in the net and give us the lead ffs. Said earlier he needs to learn to be more selfish. 

This is perfectly set up for us to lose 1-0 and yet again we'll all be saying its one of those games. 

13 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

Didn’t realise the game rules have changed so drastically

You watch.

Wolves will come out all guns blazing at the start of the 2nd half, get a goal, then shut up shot.

Mark my words.  SU all over again.

• Like 2

I thought we played well, the balance is good, the shape is right and we're early the better of the two sides - we just need to do something about that nil of ours.

Sanson has been excellent, McGinn looks much more comfortable and more effective higher up the pitch, Luiz started a little scrappily but has improved. I think it's a midfield that works.

Just need Traore to make a moment's magic, or Trez to bustle a chance or something to fall for Ollie and I think we score. 

I think if we score we win.

• Like 3

That ball doesn’t want to land nicely for us in the final third does it.  

Really good first half, unlucky not to be ahead.

Traore, need more from him.  I don’t know if it’s effort or him making choices, can’t make my mind up.

Poor Ollie, doing everything to score...

• Like 1

Amazing the attitude difference, and justified, to Watkins and Wesley when both don't score. Wesley would take a lot of flak missing chances created by others for him, and do nothing to influence the game. How could you not love Watkins. I mean he's probably man of the match, yet not scored. He's as honest as the day is long. Absolutely empties the tank. Naive squaring to Traore but he's a great player is Ollie.

• Like 2

We've played well and could be 2 up.

Unfortunately Traore is a total passenger and our attacking play is being stifled because of his poor decisions, when he can be bothered in the first place. 

Gotta be honest, I'd chuck the young lad on in his place. From what I've seen of JPB, he's very direct, can beat people and would gives Wolves something unexpected to think about. 

1 minute ago, Quofan said:

Hopefully he'll get some treatment at half time with the magic sponge.

Hes played every minute of every game and he's not a goal hanger either. He must be starting to get knackered. But we don't really have much choice at the moment

Just now, Villa87 said:

We look good today. Desperately miss Jack. 

McGinn at his best so far. Sanson looks good. Watkins heroic. 

It's because the shift sanson is putting in beside him, have given John a lot more license to play football in the right area

• Like 3

Positive first half, was expecting Konsa to bury that but wasn't to be. Wolves haven't looked threatening at all and Traore has been kept quiet.

If we continue in a similar vein 2nd half then surely a goal should come! (Won't be from a set piece though)

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Need a bit of luck and take Traore off

Yet he’s one of the players who can actually create magic from nothing at any moment... so I’d leave him on the pitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

You watch.

Wolves will come out all guns blazing at the start of the 2nd half, get a goal, then shut up shot.

Mark my words.  SU all over again.

I fail to see the point in writing off the team before the first half has finished.