Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Match Polls  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/02/21 at 23:59

The first 25 minutes were absolute dogshit. We grew into the game and could have nicked a point, but I think we got what we deserved over the course of the game. Targett MotM for me, and continues the form that has me thinking he's our most improved player this season.

I'd be thinking about two bits of loan business over the next couple of days: Bring Fred home, and send Barkley back.

Next game I want Sanson and Ramsey starting for Barkley and McGinn.

Don’t get me wrong I love Dean Smith and believe he is the right manager for us. However, I really wish he would make subs earlier in the game to give us a chance. We had Leicester on the ropes there at the end, a team now in second place in the Premier League. We left it far too late to inject energy into the gane.

• Like 2

Awful first half, sloppy and slow to close down. Expected a reaction after Brighton and it didn’t happen.

Better second half but too little too late.

Ross “cost us 14 points” Barkley no where near as bad as some will make out.

• Like 2

Just now, rbcuk said:

Poor again, how he keeps playing McGinn and Barkley in the form them 2 are in is starting to piss me off 

Totally agree and Luiz hasn’t been much better. We’ve had a great first half of the season but the ceiling of those 3 players won’t have us finishing in the top 8.

• Like 2

Time to try some other things ahead of next season now we have dropped off the pace. Our old formula looks stale and blunt.

Just shows how we still have a lot of signings still to make, we lack a real bite upfront when Watkins is not on it.

Â