Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Match Polls  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/02/21 at 23:59

After thinking about if for a month, I've finally decided that Barkley has a must play if fit clause

How many poor games in a row does he have to play before getting dropped?

This isnt scapegoating, as at least the others have a decent game now and again

• Like 1

Deserved nothing and got nothing against an extremely good side. We got better throughout the match, but basically gave them a 2-goal cushion before we woke up.

Most of the players were not catastophically bad, but no-one was better than their Leicester equivalent, and when that's the case of course you're going to lose.

Hope Grealish is back for our next match.

The 11 that finished should have started.  Much better 2nd half but massively frustrating that under performing players continue to start.

Think a draw might have been fair in the end.

But we need to drop a few passengers, and we need to tighten up in midfield

I actually take some positives from that, I had feared a 4-5 goal loss, but after the very turgid first 30 mins we actually competed well with them. Also good to see that we pressed for an equaliser in the end, almost as if we deserved it. Also encouraging with Ramsey and Sanson, shows we have a couple of players with energy and running, willing to make a mark. They have earned a start.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jim said:

Awful first half, sloppy and slow to close down. Expected a reaction after Brighton and it didn’t happen.

Better second half but too little too late.

Ross “cost us 14 points” Barkley no where near as bad as some will make out.

He did absolutely nothing today. There is no doubt a quality player but he just isn’t at the moment

Despite being poor Leicester feels like a point dropped,  Not being good defensively for the final third players I don’t mind but the lack of desire from Barkley is criminal, Traore showed desire and tried to take the game to Leicester 

Lost the game through a woeful first half performance, wasn't surprised to lose today because Leicester are a decent team and are only 7 points behind Man City. Targett stood out for me as our best player but the midfield needs freshening up because they are not performing.

Poor first half, better second half but way off ok.

Gave Ramsey MOTM because I couldn’t give any of the starters it.

Even Jack wouldn’t made a difference today, too many players off the boil.  

Massive credit to Leicester who were on it from the start and a real quality top four team and once they were two nil up they dropped a gear and had too much for us.

We are just out of form at the moment performance wise.

Â