The Race for Europe 20/21

GingerCollins29

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Jack himself said he wants us to do a European tour next season which implies he'll be here if we do. I don't care if it's the Europa League. Seeing Villa in Europe again will be awesome. Last time we were in it was 10 years ago when we got knocked out in the qualifying round by Rapid Vienna and we were playing our kids like Bannan and Weimann (who very soon after became important first team players ironically).

Best away fans I’ve seen, they didn’t shut up for the whole time 

• Like 2

Provided Liverpool and Leicester draw on Saturday, if we win our next 2 games, we'll be 3 points off Liverpool (or even level with them) and Leicester with 2 games in hand. All of a sudden the race for 4th is definitely on. I imagine Chelsea will likely be in the mix too given how they're going with Tuchel.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2021 at 01:16, paul514 said:

People are basically coming out with your rational, I see it. I just don't feel that we will get the required points at a minimum of 60 maybe as high as 65 based on how the team has played for the last couple of months.

Form has ebbed and flowed for sure, but the last 2 months encapsulates the run from Wolves through to United, where for the most part we were outstanding and turning heads left & right, then Covid, then straight into 6 games over the course of 17 days. 

I'm not saying we will or won't hit 60 points, but your logic is flawed imo. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Provided Liverpool and Leicester draw on Saturday, if we win our next 2 games, we'll be 3 points off Liverpool (or even level with them) and Leicester with 2 games in hand. All of a sudden the race for 4th is definitely on. I imagine Chelsea will likely be in the mix too given how they're going with Tuchel.

Whilst I admire your optimism, if my auntie had bollocks, she’d be my uncle. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Best away fans I’ve seen, they didn’t shut up for the whole time 

they were the same at their place. unreal atmosphere. love to play them again

Just now, tomav84 said:

they were the same at their place. unreal atmosphere. love to play them again

booing off and throwing weapons at a 19 year old Austrian lad when he got badly injured and stretchered off. Would rather not deal with them scumbags again

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whilst I admire your optimism, if my auntie had bollocks, she’d be my uncle. 

It's just 2 wins. We've beaten one of those teams already on their own patch. The other is Brighton who we should have beaten at VP. We've won 2 in a row a few times already this season. We're just lucky in the way the fixtures have fallen that those 2 wins will almost certainly put us in and around the top 4.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

It's just 2 wins. We've beaten one of those teams already on their own patch. The other is Brighton who we should have beaten at VP. We've won 2 in a row a few times already this season. We're just lucky in the way the fixtures have fallen that those 2 wins will almost certainly put us in and around the top 4.

Let's hope so mate!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

James Justin did his ACL. Huge blow for Leicester.

It is. I feel for him, he’s been having an amazing season and stood a good chance of an England call up. 

I don’t think we’re at Leicester’s consistency levels just yet so I like them being a thorn in the side of the Project Big Picture bunch. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I don’t think we’re at Leicester’s consistency levels just yet so I like them being a thorn in the side of the Project Big Picture bunch. 

Yep, if we can’t break the top 4, I’d like Leicester to finish in the top 4.  

Don’t want the usual suspects making up the top 6.   

• Like 3

Game vs Sheffield U on March 20th has been moved due to their schedule in the FA cup. Apparently they will move our game against Spurs to this date instead.

Not sure if it effects our chances but Spurs might still be playing in Europe by then so might be tired or rotating players.

Looking at our remaining games and taking in to account injuries like Cash’s I can see us getting around 20 more points from now until the end of the season. That was enough to finish 8th last season.  Whilst it wouldn’t mean Europe I think it has to be seen as a  good season and something to continue to build on. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1