Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

So who do we sign who isn’t going to impede our burgeoning young prospects in Ramsey x2 Carney, JPB, and hopefully Raikhy, getting into the 1st XI… Do we bother ? 

Edited by thabucks

Just now, thabucks said:

So who we gunna sign who isn’t going to impede our burgeoning young prospects in Ramsey x2 Carney, JPB, and hopefully Raikhy, getting into the 1st XI… 🤔 That’s a tough call to make. Who will it be.. or not? 

JPB and Chuk will get their chances to shine this season. Don’t think A Ramsey or Raikhy are close to challenging yet, and Jacob needs a loan - imo. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Awol said:

I don’t think even Deano knows his best team yet. Gonna take a few weeks to see how things shake out with the new signings. 

This is the worry. We’ve played a 4-4-2 today because I’m not sure he knows how to play Ings and Watkins in the same team. When is the last time we played 4-4-2 in a match? This was the final preparation before the new season and we really should be playing the system we’re going to play against Watford.

A midfield four of El Ghazi, McGinn, Nakamba and JPB is woefully inadequate. I don’t see any combination of our midfielders working as a 4 tbh and that includes when Buendia and Bailey are good to go. 

• Like 1

Talk of Anguissa going around but it might just be Twitter nonsense. I’d prefer Tchouameni from Monaco personally as he does the defensive side of things a bit better but wouldn’t say no to Anguissa as our DM. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is the worry. We’ve played a 4-4-2 today because I’m not sure he knows how to play Ings and Watkins in the same team. When is the last time we played 4-4-2 in a match? This was the final preparation before the new season and we really should be playing the system we’re going to play against Watford.

A midfield four of El Ghazi, McGinn, Nakamba and JPB is woefully inadequate. I don’t see any combination of our midfielders working as a 4 tbh and that includes when Buendia and Bailey are good to go. 

We didn't play 442 we played 433 Nakamba 6 two #8s and a front 3

Nakamba

McGinn JPB

AEG Ings Watkins

• Confused 4

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So who do we sign who isn’t going to impede our burgeoning young prospects in Ramsey x2 Carney, JPB, and hopefully Raikhy, getting into the 1st XI… Do we bother ? 

Yeah we have to sign people. They're all still teenagers, half of them are going to need a loan at some point in the next couple seasons. JPB will get chances this season as will Carney. They need to force their way into the team though and we shouldn't not buy a top talent because they may come good, hopefully.

Foden has beaten aside Sterling, KDB, Bernardo, Mahrez and Ferran to get his chance and shone. 

Each youngster will have his own development path, some may take 3-5 years to come good with regular loans and gradually building up, others will be able to do as Foden did at City. 

But either way, you have to have the best available players in your lineup when they breakthrough. Either as competition or to lessen the burden and weight on their shoulders to succeed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, burchy said:

Talk of Anguissa going around but it might just be Twitter nonsense. I’d prefer Tchouameni from Monaco personally as he does the defensive side of things a bit better but wouldn’t say no to Anguissa as our DM. 

Probably nonsense. But, it’s interesting that Sanson and Anguissa both played for Marseille at the same time from January 2017 until August 2018.

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We didn't play 442 we played 433 Nakamba 6 two #8s and a front 3

Nakamba

McGinn JPB

AEG Ings Watkins

Didn't watch a lot of the game but it definitely looked like a 4-4-2 to me. AEG was out on the left first half at least.

• Like 4

Having just watched the full 90 mins I think the 442 will come out when we’re chasing games, similar to last year. So today was a good test of this system seeing as the opposition were camped in their own half a fair bit.

Personally I think Ings gives us options. He’s great off the bench in support of Watkins. He’s a starter if we want to take him early 2nd half for a fit and raring to go Watkins to go at tiring defences. He’s an option to play deeper too. 

As a plan A though I’d have ‘one of’, not ‘both’ in the starting line up. 

Nice to have options with our forwards

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

i know it's nixon but hey a foreign guy who is hard to get 🤑

If he really knew anything, he'd say a name. These guys really are a disgrace, barely better than football insider.

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So who we gunna sign who isn’t going to impede our burgeoning young prospects in Ramsey x2 Carney, JPB, and hopefully Raikhy, getting into the 1st XI… 🤔 That’s a tough call to make. Who will it be.. or not? 

Don't think the Ramsay bros are ready to make an impact just yet. A loan for them this year would be good. Raikhy a couple of years off too. JPB could do a bit this year, but again a loan wouldn't be awful if we sign another starter. Carney looks like he could be involved this year to a degree. 

Don't think any of these young prospects should prevent us signing, especially a DM. 

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Probably nonsense. But, it’s interesting that Sanson and Anguissa both played for Marseille at the same time from January 2017 until August 2018.

We should just ask Sanson who the best DM he’s played with is and get that one as he’s also played with Kamara too hasn’t he. 

I like that Anguissa has high progressive carry stats

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But we didn’t tip our hand to Watford, either. Now when the team sheets come out on Saturday they’ll be none the wiser. Doesn’t mean we won’t train the formation we’ll be playing all week though.  

• Like 2