Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't want to go all Southgate on it, but I'm not sure we can play Buendia, Bailey, Ings and Watkins together.

I think one of Ings or Watkins will need to go onto the bench.

I think we'll try it the first 3 games and then say we gave it a good go and drop one to the bench 

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is the problem and the reason why, currently, I don’t see us improving on last seasons finish. 

Still a bit of work to do in this window if the club has any chance of fighting for Europe next season. 

Based on lack of signings Leeds are relagation material then 

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Kamada and Bissouma - the VillaTalk favourites. 

Mention them enough and eventually we'll get linked in the press by a lazy journalist ;)

Lots of other rumours in this jar too

Meica Frankfurters | Ocado

Just now, messi11 said:

Lots of other rumours in this jar too

Your avatar still confuses me. I keep thinking you are another poster! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Based on lack of signings Leeds are relagation material then 

Leeds haven’t lost one of the best players in the world. We have. And we’ve replaced him with two right sided attackers and a striker. 

I worry our business has left us with an imbalance and I’m not sure how they're planning on using the players we’ve signed. 

We still need to replace Grealish.

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Leeds haven’t lost one of the best players in the world. We have. And we’ve replaced him with two right sided attackers and a striker. 

I worry our business has left us with an imbalance and I’m not sure how they're planning on using the players we’ve signed. 

We still need to replace Grealish.

Bailey had played more than double amount of games at Bayer on the left than right. Stop pigeonholing players to support false argument

Bailey had played more than double amount of games at Bayer on the left than right. Stop pigeonholing players to support false argument

He’s just come off the back of his best season where he played on the right and his dad said he prefers to play on the right when he signed his contract. 

We’re not signing top quality players and then playing them where they don’t want to play. 

Im not pigeonholing players, I’m simply being realistic as to where they like to play and where their past output has been at its highest. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

He’s just come off the back of his best season where he played on the right and his dad said he prefers to play on the right when he signed his contract. 

We’re not signing top quality players and then playing them where they don’t want to play. 

Im not pigeonholing players, I’m simply being realistic as to where they like to play and where their past output has been at its highest. 

Played 3rd of last season on left and got goal or assist per game better than right side goal involvement returns per game. Grealish didn't play where he said he preferred to play

Played 3rd of last season on left and got goal or assist per game better than right side goal involvement returns per game. Grealish didn't play where he said he preferred to play

I’m not even going to check that those stats are correct but will take your word for it. You can use stats to prove anything, and you seem to like to do it when telling us how good Traore, el Ghazi and Nakamba are when in reality, none of the three are good enough for a team that has ambitions of finishing in the top half of the table. 

As things stand, no chance we fight for a top 8 finish unless we bring in two more starters. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, messi11 said:

How come no one mentions Teun Koopmeiners no more?
He was once the poster boy of Villatalk. Did he move from his dutch club?

No he didn't. I think two things happened.

1) He nearly signed for Atalanta. It was pretty much reported as a done deal but it didn't happen. So I think a lot of people mentally checked out of him as an option.

2) He didn't get much of a look in at the Euros and the links everywhere faded away from him, then he lost his sparkle as the next big thing when he wasn't being linked to Marcelo Bielsa's LeedsAnymore

• Like 2

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

No he didn't. I think two things happened.

1) He nearly signed for Atalanta. It was pretty much reported as a done deal but it didn't happen. So I think a lot of people mentally checked out of him as an option.

2) He didn't get much of a look in at the Euros and the links everywhere faded away from him, then he lost his sparkle as the next big thing when he wasn't being linked to Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds Anymore

😂