Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Hause didn’t let anyone down last season, I thought he was great value at £3m. He’s so strong in the air, he is reliable back up

Yep. It's as if people want him to make a mistake in a game just to say told you so

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yep. It's as if people want him to make a mistake in a game just to say told you so

I think this is correct, it is the same with Mings, the players aren’t superhuman, they will make mistakes and learn from them. Us fans need to stay with the players when they make mistakes and not get on their backs

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Wow, that would be great value

I hate lazy runners even in my 8 a side team. Don't think Smith would be a fan. Likes of Bielsa wouldn't touch him with a barge pole

Edited by Kiwivillan

We still need another CB thou, regardless of how Hause performed last season. We had Elmo play at CB twice last season, albeit in the cup. That's just not good enough moving forward.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

We still need another CB thou, regardless of how Hause performed last season. We had Elmo play at CB twice last season, albeit in the cup. That's just not good enough moving forward.

Definitely my #1 transfer that needs to happen. Liked the mention from people on here of Kamara who plays DM but CB also

• Like 1

Wasn’t there some links to Attila Szalai, the Hungarian CB a while back?

He looks ok on some of the YouTube clips, plays fullback on occasion too I believe. 

I seem to remember is being linked to Botman last year as well. 

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

We definitely need at least one other CB. Also, as good value as Hause was, and is, he's a frightful oaf on the ball and we're only one injury away from him being a starter, with children as cover.

That's a chilling thought.

Wouldn't want him starting but he was solid when he deputised last year.

I think it was perhaps due to the fixtures favouring him.

Think Burnley, Albion and Palace were his first few games.

We do need another centre half yes.

57 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Hause didn’t let anyone down last season, I thought he was great value at £3m. He’s so strong in the air, he is reliable back up

Hause is our best centre back in the air but I worry a bit about his distribution. He's one of those that I'm more than happy with being a backup CB for us but I kind of feel bad for him because he's easily good enough to be a starter somewhere else. Does he want to spend the best years of his career on the bench? That's down to him I suppose.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just took the dog out for a run and we passed 3, 3! Black cats, I dunno what it means but something is about to happen.

Your going to die. Make your last post a banger!

9 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Hause is our best centre back in the air but I worry a bit about his distribution. He's one of those that I'm more than happy with being a backup CB for us but I kind of feel bad for him because he's easily good enough to be a starter somewhere else. Does he want to spend the best years of his career on the bench? That's down to him I suppose.

I think you’re spot on

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We need someone to replace Engels, not Hause.

Hause covers the left side.

A right sided Hause would be ideal.

If we're signing a centre half, I'd like us to pick up a 20yr old from the Championship/abroad for around 10-15m. Someone that is happy to learn their trade but good enough if they need to play 5-10 matches this season.
I have no idea who that is. Someone like a Joe Rodon I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we're signing a centre half, I'd like us to pick up a 20yr old from the Championship/abroad for around 10-15m. Someone that is happy to learn their trade but good enough if they need to play 5-10 matches this season.

Ben Cabango, maybe? Looked to have a pretty good season for Swansea. No idea if he'd be available though but someone like that would be a good young backup.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I literally said he was good value. You make it sound like you're making a counter point yet agreeing with me.

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What about Ethan Ampadu? Quite rough around the edges but clearly highly rated. Can play DM as well. Just as a squad option. Then we can bring in a DM like Kamara as well.