Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

56 minutes ago, The Rosk said:

Why are we not going after Pereira?  25 (same age as Jack), consistent performer at PL level, 1 G/A every 2 games on average at a terrible team... this obsession with ESR is really intriguing.

A good friend of mine who is a big baggies fan tells me that although In his opinion Pereira is very good at the attacking side of his game his work rate is poor and he is lazy and disinterested when it comes to tracking back and other defensive duties. He describes him as a talented luxury player who is highly frustrating to watch over 90 minutes.

I've only seen Pereira in clips apart from when he caused us problems and he's looked really sharp so I expected a much better opinion from a baggies fan. It might explain why clubs haven't exactly been queuing up for him so far. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do you know how much the release clause is?

reports are it’s £10mill until they return to   Pre-Season then I think I it goes up to £25mill … The last part I may have made up though … 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Pereira is very good at the attacking side of his game his work rate is poor and he is lazy and disinterested when it comes to tracking back and other defensive duties. He describes him as a talented luxury player who is highly frustrating to watch over 90 minutes.

I've heard the same and probably the reason no big club is in for him as yet

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

reports are it’s £10mill until they return to   Pre-Season then I think I it goes up to £25mill … The last part I may have made up though … 

He’s an excellent player, we’d be silly not to go for him, £10m is a bargain 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

You are aware of the dementia link ? So I think the answer to your question is no!

Yes, I am aware of it.....I am equally aware, that nothing has been determined either way too.

Until a stance is taken, football just proceeds like it has done for a Hundred plus years.

It's not  a debate, I want to get in to , as it could end up like War & Peace.

but thanks for your input/answer Sheepy.

1 hour ago, The Rosk said:

Why are we not going after Pereira?  25 (same age as Jack), consistent performer at PL level, 1 G/A every 2 games on average at a terrible team... this obsession with ESR is really intriguing.

I think he’s cost a lot though, similar to Buendia?

Just now, Jareth said:

Danny Ings will be moving this summer, having refused a new mahoosive contract. Not Villa bound that's for sure, but what a signing that would be.

Yes another perennially injured player would be great after Grealish and Barkley last season

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I think he’s cost a lot though, similar to Buendia?

15m has been the figure bandied about. No one biting because of previously discussed lazy runner comments it seems

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just took the dog out for a run and we passed 3, 3! Black cats, I dunno what it means but something is about to happen.

Is this another Adam Johnson reference?

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is this another Adam Johnson reference?

I'm afraid I don't get the link but here is a mad black cat for you look at, I'm convinced the 3 is relevant, as in ESR 3 letters, it's 3 days to Thursday, anyway here's you're cat, enjoy bro.

black cat GIF

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

All for nothing then ?

Not really, not stopping you from stating your case, I just don't want to respond, (but others may want to read it), ......Mainly because I don't want to see heading the ball prohibited, I think it will end the game as we know it.

17 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I'm afraid I don't get the link but here is a mad black cat for you look at, I'm convinced the 3 is relevant, as in ESR 3 letters, it's 3 days to Thursday, anyway here's you're cat, enjoy bro.

black cat GIF

Black cats = Sunderland. Adam Johnson references from years ago resurfaced recently. It's nonce sense I know

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Danny Ings will be moving this summer, having refused a new mahoosive contract. Not Villa bound that's for sure, but what a signing that would be.

Hmm not sure I think his moment has passed. Done well to come back with the injury.

Something is not smelling right at Southampton. Bertrand has left and there is all the talk of Smith-Rowe. If I was a saints fan I would be a touch concerned.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Hmm not sure I think his moment has passed. Done well to come back with the injury.

Something is not smelling right at Southampton. Bertrand has left and there is all the talk of Smith-Rowe. If I was a saints fan I would be a touch concerned.

For sure - does JWP see a future there if Ings does not? Makes our link a bit more interesting...

We definitely need at least one other CB. Also, as good value as Hause was, and is, he's a frightful oaf on the ball and we're only one injury away from him being a starter, with children as cover.

That's a chilling thought.

• Like 2