Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, ejvilla said:

We should be going for Ben White if he's available. Very good ball-playing CB who'd have a big impact going forward against weaker sides and challenge Konsa & Mings. We struggled against defensive sides to progress the ball last season unless we went ahead early.

Also, Arsenal are going for him, which would make it extra funny.

White is an excellent player, he’d cost a lot but he’d be worth it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

£50million for a CB? Not for me, not a priority at all.

Ben White is good, but I don't think £50m on a CB to challenge for a place is a wise move at this stage.

That lad from Man Utd would be a more sensible option at this stage imo.

• Thanks 2

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Ben White is good, but I don't think £50m on a CB to challenge for a place is a wise move at this stage.

That lad from Man Utd would be a more sensible option at this stage imo.

Or to play in a back 3? Nice to have that option 

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I agree and I'd imagine that'll be as a back up option to Mings/Konsa at the cost of around £10million.

My idea was fantasy, White wouldn’t come here as back up, Tuanzebe needs first team football at his age too. I’m struggling to think of an attainable centre back who’d come here as back up to Konsa and Mings

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We need to replace Engels I think

We don't need to spend 50mil to do that mate, jesus. 

EDIT - that post just clarifying what you meant just came up haha 

Edited by lexicon
  • Haha 1

Mentioned this loads of times but I'd like us to have some version of 3-5-2 as a plan-b option. This would require us to sign a competent CB and a competent attacker but I don't think £50m White or £40m-£50m Tammy is a sensible way to go about it considering what else can be had for money like that and the remaining holes in the squad that will also need money to fill.

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

My idea was fantasy, White wouldn’t come here as back up, Tuanzebe needs first team football at his age too. I’m struggling to think of an attainable centre back who’d come here as back up to Konsa and Mings

The lad from Fulham, Tosin was mentioned--he looked decent from the limited amount I've seen of him and apparently could be available fairly cheap due to a release clause.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Mentioned this loads of times but I'd like us to have some version of 3-5-2 as a plan-b option. This would require us to sign a competent CB and a competent attacker but I don't think £50m White or £40m-£50m Tammy is a sensible way to go about it considering what else can be had for money like that and the remaining holes in the squad that will also need money to fill.

TBH sne, I think Hause is competent enough given how rarely we'd need to employ that. We'd still need backup, though. 

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

The lad from Fulham, Tosin was mentioned--he looked decent from the limited amount I've seen of him and apparently could be available fairly cheap due to a release clause.

Good shout, he wouldn’t cost the Earth

We definitely need to replace Engels. But 50m on can't happen as we have other priorities.

I'd gamble Alvarez. Not a lot to lose at 21 and 15mill, good value, even if he flops we should still get 10m back. The talent ceiling and age are outstanding, perfect time for him to come to Europe.

ESR is more of a playmaker. Can control the flow of a game, and dictate tempo I believe are more the qualities they are looking for. This is primarily as back up / competition for Jack  and Buendia. So we can bring in like for like if one them are injured, suspended, or in need of a rest. Jack won't be ready for the start of the season which I believe increases the desire for ESR.

Then a proper high class 6 is necessary. I think most people on Villa Talk would agree that is something that would certainly improve us. 

An out and out striker simply isn't on the agenda from my observations. Simply because of the cost in relation to need renders such a move impractical. A promising versatile winger / striker is a more practical allocation of funds. Hence the Alvarez link for me is a way more credible than the Tammy link.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He reportedly has a release clause which expires when Fulham are due back for pre-season. Which is on… Thursday !

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Not convinced Guilbert is any better than Elmo. 

He is far better. In the 85-95th percentile for all defensive stats except aerials in 19-20. I'm the 99th percentile for interceptions this season. As many assists and more goals than cash etc. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He reportedly has a release clause which expires when Fulham are due back for pre-season. Which is on… Thursday !

To be fair I think staying at Fulham as a first team regular in the championship may be better for his development than being Konsa deputy here.

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

He is far better. In the 85-95th percentile for all defensive stats except aerials in 19-20. I'm the 99th percentile for interceptions this season. As many assists and more goals than cash etc. 

Well he always looked vulnerable to me. Anytime a quick winger with a bit of strength was up against him he struggled. Sterling terrorised him and Engels in one game. Was running past them like they weren't there. We have Ashley as well as Kessler in addition to Guilbert so Cash has a fight on his hands.

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do you know how much the release clause is?

Release clauses can be just relegated not monetary. Can't find anything about it, just Man City get 20% of any future sale 

• Thanks 1