Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

This thread desperately need a few solid links. It's like an engine at full force but almost empty of oil.

The problem is the club is very tight lipped now so if we get links it'll be more made up bollocks ones then people will complain about the club when we don't end up signing them 

41 minutes ago, burchy said:

I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised how good he is in the air, that one, forget the game, where he knew El Ghazi was behind him (think it was El Ghazi) and he had the nous about him to head it with back of the head to make sure it reached him. I don’t think he gets enough credit for how good his football brain is, seems a top bloke as well

3-2 loss vs Palace. Watching the highlights again. Jesus christ why on earth did we ever think elmo was OK as a backup this year. At fault for all 3 goals. Although McGinn was also culpable for the first one. 

16 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’s good in the air, I think he has a lot of attributes, Tuchel and a lot of their fans don’t seem to rate him for some reason. For me, he’s a fantastic centre forward, hopefully we can do a Emiliano Martinez on Chelsea for him

Here's the interesting thing....on average headed goals have been between 16% -20% of all goals scored in the Prem over the last 6 seasons with last season 2019/20 dipping to a low of 13.6%.

The biggest leagues in Europe, have recorded ....Bundesliga 15.9%.....Serie A 15.6%.....La Liga 15.6% and Premier League 13.6%

The Euro's have registered to date 135 goals with 27 headed goals....giving a 20% stat.

The question is...Is headed goals returning as a trend?.....Will the big centre forward return to popularity?

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

3-2 loss vs Palace. Watching the highlights again. Jesus christ why on earth did we ever think elmo was OK as a backup this year. At fault for all 3 goals. Although McGinn was also culpable for the first one. 

Taylor too…

spacer.png

Just now, TRO said:

Here's the interesting thing....on average headed goals have been between 16% -20% of all goals scored in the Prem over the last 6 seasons with last season 2019/21 dipping to a low of 13.6%.

The biggest leagues in Europe, have recorded ....Bundesliga 15.9%.....Serie A 15.6%.....La Liga 15.6% and Premier League 13.6%

The Euro's have registered 135 goals with 27 headed goals....giving a 20% stat.

The question is...Is headed goals returning as a trend?

Probably increased because how many penalties have been missed decreasing the amount of overall goals scored 😂. Something like 7 out of 16 in-game penalties missed so far…that’s crazy.

• Like 1

July promises to be an eventful month, new signings, possible sales, new academy players and scholarships, more signings for the women's team, developments in Smith's long protracted search for a set-piece coach, pre-season begins tomorrow, new kit launch, and friendlies. Hopefully a new contract for Grealish as well.

• Like 2

It think we'd score more headed goals if we set up with wingers that aren't set up to cut inside.

There's been a few times when Targett and Cash bend a lovely one around the back of the defenders but that doesnt happen enough. 

I think, in general, watkins prefers those types of crosses...he is usually bang in the right place to be on the end of them (or an armpit hair offside)

Watching the clip of Tammy's championship goals showed that we put a lot more in like that with Elmo, Bolasie, McGinn etc too.

I'm not advocating a change of system BTW, just an observation.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Probably increased because how many penalties have been missed decreasing the amount of overall goals scored 😂. Something like 7 out of 16 in-game penalties missed so far…that’s crazy.

Normally a pens expected value is 0.8. So like 13/16 should have been scored not 9. And with such few games that causes a big slant in that stat.

• Like 1

Oh my…

FFS

Is there where the Alli “link” has come from?

A few words from Dean ******* Windass?!  Releasing more of that gas?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-tottenham-transfer-news-20964616

“I think Dele would fit in well at Villa and he needs to start playing again.

Bloody B’ham mail, GTFO.

They made a story and created a “link” out of this nonsense?

I hate this crap. 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Oh my…

FFS

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-tottenham-transfer-news-20964616

Bloody B’ham mail, GTFO.

I hate this crap. 

I mentioned this in another forum. Windass opinion on one of the worst click bait sites is not a transfer link. That BM would amplify it is a disgrace and as some others have mentioned BM is turning into a candidate for banned sources

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I mentioned this in another forum. Windass opinion on one of the worst click bait sites is not a transfer link. That BM would amplify it is a disgrace and as some others have mentioned BM is turning into a candidate for banned sources

Even worse when it becomes a discussion piece, for fans in particular.

It’s beyond a joke. The media just invent and exaggerate crap for the sake of clicks and attention and so many just lap it up and fall for it…

I still believe Jim White should be jailed for openly stating that Jack is off to Citeh… 🤣

Seriously though, there are no repercussions for these scumbags and no scrutiny… they keep getting away with it and keep repeating the same old crap.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Seriously though, there are no repercussions for these scumbags and no scrutiny… they keep getting away with it and keep repeating the same old crap.

I've mentioned this before I think it's unique to PL. I'm not familiar with it in the other European leagues, it doesn't happen in NRL in Australia and I can't imagine would be tolerated by fans in US sports. Is something to do with UK psyche and titillation? I can't think of another explanation 

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've mentioned this before I think it's unique to PL. I'm not familiar with it in the other European leagues, it doesn't happen in NRL in Australia and I can't imagine would be tolerated by fans in US sports. Is something to do with UK psyche and titillation? I can't think of another explanation 

It’s possibly more prevalent here but it’s not restricted to the UK. I’m sure the same sort of thing goes on in Europe at least.

I can’t speak much for the US when it comes to sport but the press/media/journalists & paparazzi are some of the scum of the Earth and are desperate to shame, defame, destabilise and create spurious claims to be spread… much like over here… 

45 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Oh my…

FFS

Bloody B’ham mail, GTFO.

They made a story and created a “link” out of this nonsense?

I hate this crap. 

I didn't know there was a link. I just thought he could be an intriguing signing. 

4 hours ago, TRO said:

The Euro's have registered to date 135 goals with 27 headed goals....giving a 20% stat.

The question is...Is headed goals returning as a trend?.....Will the big centre forward return to popularity?

Headed goals are statistically easiest to defend against with a well-drilled defence, and international squads are usually less well drilled (less time together) so there will usually be more headed goals at international level. Interesting stats on the other leagues though. 

Depends on the sport and time of year. It's not quite the silly season of transfer windows but there is always enough speculation.

The problem comes in when it's stated as if it were a fact when it's plucked out of thin air. That doesn't happen with most reputable papers/sites for US sports.