Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

30 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Odegaard essentially confirming he isn't going back to Arsenal is all the more sweet considering the way some Arsenal fans acted upon missing signing Buendia as they said that they weren't that interested in him and Odegaard was their number 1 target.

Well in that case let’s get Odegaard. Come on NSWE,  you can’t put a price on a Gooner TV melt down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Back to Kamara, the stats and comparisons would suggest that he is a superior player to Soumare - who Leicester signed and seems popular/rated…

Kamara is a fantastic player. You don't need to look at any stats to come to that conclusion. 

39 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Odegaard essentially confirming he isn't going back to Arsenal is all the more sweet considering the way some Arsenal fans acted upon missing signing Buendia as they said that they weren't that interested in him and Odegaard was their number 1 target.

They are not having a good time as those optimistic Arsenal fans were hoping so far…

Buendua to Villa

Odergaard staying at RM

Ben White might go to Everton

Locatelli probably going to Juventus

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

They are not having a good time as those optimistic Arsenal fans were hoping so far…

Buendua to Villa

Odergaard staying at RM

Ben White might go to Everton

Locatelli probably going to Juventus

Its honestly sad for them lol. They think they still have pull as one of the big clubs when in reality, they're viewed as a mid-table club mired in a long and painful decline and Arteta is far from an attractive coach to work under. And being in a shitty financial situation means they lose their only other avenue to attract these top players.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Back to Kamara, the stats and comparisons would suggest that he is a superior player to Soumare - who Leicester signed and seems popular/rated…

Yes, to be honest I thought (I think I posted in Jan) that Soumare would be more achievable and I wanted him massively because i thought the likes of Camavinga and Kamara, all coming through at similarish times meant he was likely to get lost in the rush for the others.

If Kamara is available (and French Football finances would suggest nearly anybody is available) he would be a fantastysigning. He must've spent some time injured this year as we was one of this up and coming stars at one point I wonder how he fell down the ladder a bit to not be getting big links already

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Its honestly sad for them lol. They think they still have pull as one of the big clubs when in reality, they're viewed as a mid-table club mired in a long and painful decline and Arteta is far from an attractive coach to work under. And being in a shitty financial situation means they lose their only other avenue to attract these top players.

Yet their fans believe they will spend 250m this summer…

Ødegaard not signing, whilst funny, makes us much less likely (and it was already pretty unlikely) that we get ESR. It's a shame for both clubs really. If they don't sign somebody else that probably leaves ESR as their main guy in the 10.

Hopefully they go and get Maddison. (And they don't ask for a swap deal with ESR)

Edited by HalfTimePost

2 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

sorry i should have said remaing  ist choice targets

You don't know this for sure though.

The factors to keep in mind are that folks are on holidays, the euros are on etc.

Give it a couple of weeks and I am sure the names will be coming through the door.

Be positive man!

3 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

sorry i should have said remaing  ist choice targets

You don’t think Buendia was a first choice target? You do realise that this is a Villa forum don’t you? 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Does Soumare come straight in? Can't see Ndidi and Tielemans dropping out of central 2 unless they changing formations 

Firts Ndidi is pretty injury prone. 2nd they may move Tielemans into a more advanced role. 3rd they have been **** by lack of options in the last 2 seasons they evidently aren'tetting that happen again. 

• Like 1