Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Jacks best position is the middle because he can be wide left wide right or in the centre. Wherever it is easiest for him to get the ball and create for others. 

Look at how grealish plays under a manager he doesn't respect (Southgate). He stays on one side for 20 minutes doesn't get the ball then he plays as a free man and is the best player on the pitch by a country mile. 

Whilst i completely understand that you're entitled to your own opinion-i think you're completely wrong regarding Jacks best position and thankfully it would appear that Smith agrees.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Maddison

Neves

Hakimi

Alfonso Davies

Icardi

Coman

-----------

release/sell

taylor

guilbert

engels

AEG

Elmo

Davis

-----------------------------------------------------------------

🙄

Completely unrealistic, nobody is buying Taylor 😜

Martinez/Heaton/Steer

Target/New Left Back

Cash/New Right Back

Mings/Konsa/Hause/New Centre Back

McGinn/Luiz/Nakamba/Sanson/Ramsey

Grealish/Traore/New Forward/New Forward/New Forward

Watkins/Wesley/New Striker

In my opinion that is the surgery that needs to be done to the squad over the coming windows when the club can spend the money.
My suggestions would be the following....

Buy

Wijndal - AZ 15m
Arrons - Norwich 25m
Simakan - Strasbourg 20m
Brandt - Dortmund 22m

Olise - Reading 8m

Buendia - Norwich 35m

Edouard - Celtic 25m

Total 150m

Sell

Taylor - 0
Elmo - 0

Guilbert - 5m

Engels - 5m

Hourihane - 5m

Trezeguet - Difficult to value transfermarkt has him at 10m 

El Ghazi - Difficult to value I would say 10/12m

Davis - Loan to drum up interest to sell the following year.

Total 35m

I think IF we did that in one summer I would go as far as saying we shouldn't spend anything in the following summer to give the players 2 full seasons to see what they can do and who needs to go and come in to improve the side.

I wonder how ambitious we can go in looking for an attacking midfielder.  That's where I would look to spend £40-50m to get the right man in.  I'm not sure who it would be (on FM Milinkovic-Savic was my man 😉), Barkley is obviously most likely and hopefully available for less than that but I don't think you can guarantee 30 league games a season from him.  Then a young left back, centre half and striker to develop and compete for first team places.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Figuring out whether signing a excellent attacking midfielder or winger is my main question over the summer 

Depends on money to spend, whose available, who wants to come to us and maybe who leaves as well.  Before we even start we may not have Barkley or Luiz, with the former loan ending and the latter if ManCity invoke their clause.  So our midfield might need a rethink.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Maddison

Neves

Hakimi

Alfonso Davies

Icardi

Coman

-----------

release/sell

taylor

guilbert

engels

AEG

Elmo

Davis

-----------------------------------------------------------------

🙄

Why would Leicester sell Maddison to us?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I wonder how ambitious we can go in looking for an attacking midfielder.  That's where I would look to spend £40-50m to get the right man in.  I'm not sure who it would be (on FM Milinkovic-Savic was my man 😉), Barkley is obviously most likely and hopefully available for less than that but I don't think you can guarantee 30 league games a season from him.  Then a young left back, centre half and striker to develop and compete for first team places.

We already have the best attacking midfielder in the world. What we really need is a LW

6 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

Whilst i completely understand that you're entitled to your own opinion-i think you're completely wrong regarding Jacks best position and thankfully it would appear that Smith agrees.

Whilst I do agree Dean thinks his best position is left wing,  I don't like how easy it was for West ham to completely nullify his threat last night.  A player with Jack's World class ability needs a free role for me, starting from the middle.  Let him pick the space he wants, let others work around him. 

I think Traore would fit that bill quite well playing from the right,  and occasionally swapping into the middle as needed. Would need to work on his discipline but definitely has the ability.

This would see us so hard to defend against.

So my shopping list would be...

A left winger

A left back

A central defensive midfielder

And dependent on Wesley making it back or not, a striker

I'd try and keep Guilbert as backup rb, and that saves an unnecessary rotation.

The above would also mean moving Nakamba and Taylor on,  along with returning Barkley. Sanson and Traore provide cover for Grealish, Grealish provides cover for our left winger  and trez is the back up to Traore, who may also be a better fit against some opposition.  AEG can stay or go on this scenario.

Wes (or alternative) offers cover to Watkins, who in turn provides further cover across the rest of the front line. Beautiful...

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

Jack's best position is wide left. Why would we move him into the position Barkley plays?

Jack best wide left in PL since Hazard. Just because he has designs on #10 doesn't mean he's better there. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, paul514 said:

Martinez/Heaton/Steer

Target/New Left Back

Cash/New Right Back

Mings/Konsa/Hause/New Centre Back

McGinn/Luiz/Nakamba/Sanson/Ramsey

Grealish/Traore/New Forward/New Forward/New Forward

Watkins/Wesley/New Striker

In my opinion that is the surgery that needs to be done to the squad over the coming windows when the club can spend the money.
My suggestions would be the following....

Buy

Wijndal - AZ 15m
Arrons - Norwich 25m
Simakan - Strasbourg 20m
Brandt - Dortmund 22m

Olise - Reading 8m

Buendia - Norwich 35m

Edouard - Celtic 25m

Total 150m

Sell

Taylor - 0
Elmo - 0

Guilbert - 5m

Engels - 5m

Hourihane - 5m

Trezeguet - Difficult to value transfermarkt has him at 10m 

El Ghazi - Difficult to value I would say 10/12m

Davis - Loan to drum up interest to sell the following year.

Total 35m

I think IF we did that in one summer I would go as far as saying we shouldn't spend anything in the following summer to give the players 2 full seasons to see what they can do and who needs to go and come in to improve the side.

Conor's contract expires in June so we're getting **** all for him. That aside, I feel like a lot of your sell prices are high and the buy prices are low.

I feel we're getting to the point where Wesley only might come back as strong as before. He was still a bit raw by the time he was injured and i think we need a more assured option B to Ollie.

So...for me, striker is the top priority. Who that will be will also depend on our finish this season and not just our generous owners' pockets.

16 hours ago, paul514 said:

Buy

Wijndal - AZ 15m
Arrons - Norwich 25m
Simakan - Strasbourg 20m
Brandt - Dortmund 22m

Olise - Reading 8m

Buendia - Norwich 35m

Edouard - Celtic 25m

Is this a fun wish list thread? I don't want to be overly negative but this is delusional especially the tired Eduoard link

21 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I feel we're getting to the point where Wesley only might come back as strong as before. He was still a bit raw by the time he was injured and i think we need a more assured option B to Ollie.

So...for me, striker is the top priority. Who that will be will also depend on our finish this season and not just our generous owners' pockets.

Wesley had 1 less goals the time he got injured that Benteke had his debut season where he ended up with 19. People wrote him off at new year. Remember it well