Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 hours ago, HolteExile said:

I don't see us signing 5-7 first team quality players at those prices this summer.

Too much churn again. To need do that would be admission of failure in our current dealings. I'd be made up with 2-3 TBH (and a few promising younger players). 

Second striker, genuine centre half competition for Mings and a unit of a defensive mid or wide attacker. 

Ofc that can all change if we have a significant departure or two. 

Surely some full back cover? Someone who can play both sides ideally

• Like 1

I just cast my eye over the Championship table and its top scorers....

I just want to say last summer when we were going after Watkins and Brentford were looking to replace him with Ivan Toney, I said right then.... "lets just cut out the middle man and buy him too" 

Played 27 Scored 22 Assists 7

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I just cast my eye over the Championship table and its top scorers....

I just want to say last summer when we were going after Watkins and Brentford were looking to replace him with Ivan Toney, I said right then.... "lets just cut out the middle man and buy him too" 

Played 27 Scored 22 Assists 7

I was thinking the same thing, I'd try and look for the next Watkins or Toney for someone to be back up striker, young and hungry but not expecting to be first choice.  I always look for who @Villan4Life suggests in here tbh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Buying good players from Brentford seems to work out for us. We pay loads for them and then a year later we're all saying "absolute bargain".

I know nothing about Toney but on that basis alone let's just hand them £50m and get it over and done with!

Except for Hogan. Made up for it with Konsa and Watkins, though.

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

Buying good players from Brentford seems to work out for us. We pay loads for them and then a year later we're all saying "absolute bargain".

I know nothing about Toney but on that basis alone let's just hand them £50m and get it over and done with!

If we do end up seeing 30 million links I want to buy the player they replace him with for the sake of it 😂

One major major signing in the summer in midfield and then potential quailty with room for improvement in defensive positions . 

And if Wesley doesnt come back from his injury then a forward player . 

That would be my guess

4 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

My wish list-

Williams- Man U

Almiron - Newcastle

Westergaard. - Saints

Woods- Burnley

and I quite like Fred from Man U.

If we were to take anyone from Newcastle it would be St. Maximin for me. Maybe Wilson for the bench to teach him never to doubt us again.

Can't see Vestergaard happening unless it's very big money.

I don't know enough about the others on the list to comment.

We need a top class central attacking midfielder, I don't think Barkley is right for us. This should be first priority.

We also need competition at centre back and fullback. 

Otherwise a striker if Wesley doesn't come back as valid competition.

We probably need to spend well again on a few signings again if we want to be competitive.

Just now, VillaAlex said:

We need a top class central attacking midfielder, I don't think Barkley is right for us. This should be first priority.

We also need competition at centre back and fullback. 

Otherwise a striker if Wesley doesn't come back as valid competition.

We probably need to spend well again on a few signings again if we want to be competitive.

I would say a midfielder as well but a strong tall DM like that Soucek at the Hammers . I think Sanson can be the attacking mid ? 

18 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

My wish list-

Williams- Man U

Almiron - Newcastle

Westergaard. - Saints

Woods- Burnley

and I quite like Fred from Man U.

Really hope we are looking at much better than these to be honest but I do like Vestergaard.