zab6359

18 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

My wish list-

Williams- Man U

Almiron - Newcastle

Westergaard. - Saints

Woods- Burnley

and I quite like Fred from Man U.

Thats got me thinking . If we carry on and get Europe and then take into account COVID effecting clubs financially do you think that this season we could go after clubs in the premier leagues best players ? . Normally the top 4 take the cream like spurs and liverpool have done in the last few years. Would we be able to and sell it to them as a club with huge ambition ? 

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Really hope we are looking at much better than these to be honest but I do like Vestergaard.

All of these would improve us. Almirron is better than ElGahzi and Trez.

Williams better than Taylor and would improve a lot on top of that.

Fred is like a mix of Luiz and Nakamba..

Woods is a handful.

Westergaard scores goals and a good player.

I don’t know how much they cost though.

Edited by Danishlad
  • Shocked 1

25 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Thats got me thinking . If we carry on and get Europe and then take into account COVID effecting clubs financially do you think that this season we could go after clubs in the premier leagues best players ? . Normally the top 4 take the cream like spurs and liverpool have done in the last few years. Would we be able to and sell it to them as a club with huge ambition ? 

If you got the money and will pay the wages you get the player. 

18 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

All of these would improve us. Almirron is better than ElGahzi and Trez.

Williams better than Taylor and would improve a lot on top of that.

Fred is like a mix of Luiz and Nakamba..

Woods is a handful.

Westergaard scores goals and a good player.

I don’t know how much they cost though.

1) the way you improve is to buy first team players and push your first team players to back up players.  While you improve your squad by upgrading your backup players it’s not real growth.

2) I’m not convinced the players you have chosen are materially better than those you suggest or players good enough for our back up.  Also they would cost a lot of money.

Almiron is a great little player, I like his work ethic but Newcastle paid 21.5m from MLS,.  They’d want a massive premium on that and I’m not convinced at all he’s a massive upgrade on Trez.

Williams is a Man U player, young...they won’t let him go for cheap plus apparently he’s on 65k per week so would want a big pay increase to come here. Is he really worth it? I haven’t seen enough in his play to be after him...

Fred gets a lot of game time at Man U, he isn’t moving 

Chris Woods, yes a handful.  I see and agree it would be nice to have someone that plays like him as an option but not convinced he’s who would be in our sights.  Decent goal scoring record but would be six months short of his thirtieth birthday and that kind of age isn’t in our scouting profile.  I think age and mobility would mean we wouldnt be interested.  I just think we’ll be looking for a bit more from a player than what he offers if we are looking for the step up.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

1) the way you improve is to buy first team players and push your first team players to back up players.  While you improve your squad by upgrading your backup players it’s not real growth.

2) I’m not convinced the players you have chosen are materially better than those you suggest or players good enough for our back up.  Also they would cost a lot of money.

Almiron is a great little player, I like his work ethic but Newcastle paid 21.5m from MLS,.  They’d want a massive premium on that and I’m not convinced at all he’s a massive upgrade on Trez.

Williams is a Man U player, young...they won’t let him go for cheap plus apparently he’s on 65k per week so would want a big pay increase to come here. Is he really worth it? I haven’t seen enough in his play to be after him...

Chris Woods, yes a handful.  I see and agree it would be nice to have someone that plays like him as an option but not convinced he’s who would be in our sights.  Decent goal scoring record but would be six months short of his thirtieth birthday and that kind of age isn’t in our scouting profile.  I think age and mobility would mean we wouldnt be interested.  I just think we’ll be looking for a bit more from a player than what he offers if we are looking for the step up.

Can someone explain to me what Brandon Williams has done in the game to deserve 65k pw? Don't get me wrong I think he's decent enough. That club is ridiculously poor in the way that it is being run.

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

good points Nick, who are your suggestions.

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Can someone explain to me what Brandon Williams has done in the game to deserve 65k pw? Don't get me wrong I think he's decent enough. That club is ridiculously poor in the way that it is being run.

Crazy, that a decent young kid at 19 signs a 4 year 65k per week contract...total value 13.5m by the age of 23.  Club has an option for 5th year.  

Imagine having 13.5m by when you are 23 and you aren’t even close to being one of the best kids around....right place, right time for him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Who is on yours?

eh.....who knows Deano seems to have targets i never think of :P, however personally i would like us to consider:

Jordan Amavi - LB - Marseille (will be free transfer in summer 2021)

Boubacar Kamara - DM - Marseille

Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo

Dani Olmo - AM/LW/RW - RB Leipzig

Christopher Nkunku - AM/LW - RB Leipzig

Emiliano Buendia - AM/RW - Norwich

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

eh.....who knows Deano seems to have targets i never think of :P, however personally i would like us to consider:

Jordan Amavi - LB - Marseille (will be free transfer in summer 2021)

Boubacar Kamara - DM - Marseille

Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo

Dani Olmo - AM/LW/RW - RB Leipzig

Christopher Nkunku - AM/LW - RB Leipzig

Emiliano Buendia - AM/RW - Norwich

Tasty list!

Just now, Danishlad said:

lol , im getting old, I don't know any of them. Tell us more

Pace, power, technique, winning mentality, strong, and the two forwards play in ligue 1 who are struggling financially. Though I don't know if Lille are?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Really hope we are looking at much better than these to be honest but I do like Vestergaard.

I dont get the Vestergaard hype at all, he could barely get a start last season and is no better than Zat Knight. He scored against us so is now the answer

Just now, Zatman said:

I dont get the Vestergaard hype at all, he could barely get a start last season and is no better than Zat Knight. He scored against us so is now the answer

you mean......Lingard this summer?!?!?!

🤮

3 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

good points Nick, who are your suggestions.

This is where I’m really poor....I just don’t know!  Every play I look at would be too much, wouldn’t come or another reason.  I have in my head the type of players we need but not the names.

Rico Henry and Vestergaard are good shouts for LB and CB.

A Giroud type player (but much younger) would be a striker I think we need as an alternative to Watkins and Wes.

I still think we need that midfield boss, enforcer and Captain type in the Roy Keane mould.

Then we need somebody in the Ross Barkley role...no idea on that.

I would also like a pacey player to play mainly on the RW but can play across the front.  I think we need more pace but again not sure who.

Obviously a lot of asks there and no names.  I’m not expecting them, but all I want is that we do pick quality and even just one or two real quality will make such a difference to us.  As an example Emi has just took as defence to a new level, same with Ollie at the other end. So I just want quality in over quantity now.

Another example, if we had a young Roy Keane (just as he was when he moved to Man U) in our current team we would be looking at being higher in the league now IMO.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

lol , im getting old, I don't know any of them. Tell us more

Don’t worry, me either.  I think I watch a lot of football and still don’t know most of the names touted on here.