Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

We won't sign loads of expensive players and probably none that you mentioned

Well I'm not the sporting director so I have no idea how much we will spend or who we will buy, if that is what we are supposed to be doing then we may as well close the thread now.

I don't think the budget is out of the question after a top half finish especially when we spent that in our first summer back and it finishes off the squad.

Also all the players are sub 25 million aka not expensive players, that is how much premier league players cost.

Edited by paul514

59 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We won't sign loads of expensive players and probably none that you mentioned

We may not sign any of the players people have mentioned, but I can well imagine us dropping £150M on 4-5 new faces. I’d be interested to hear a good argument as to why we wouldn’t? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

We may not sign any of the players people have mentioned, but I can well imagine us dropping £150M on 4-5 new faces. I’d be interested to hear a good argument as to why we wouldn’t? 

Covid aside and the owners cutting off the investment tap there is no reason.

Just now, paul514 said:

Covid aside and the owners cutting off the investment tap there is no reason.

Exactly, quite possible Covid hasn’t bothered our owners one bit, they’re not exactly jobbing in the gig economy. They want to win, and that’s not cheap, as they well know. Reckon this summer will be a window the likes of which Villa fans have never seen. 

Mentioned him before but what about someone like Neres from Ajax?

Can play central or out wide in the 3 and I presume with them getting in Haller they'll need to sell someone up there to balance the books like they did with Kasper Dolberg last summer.

Either him or Dusan Tadic you'd suspect who'd also be decent although wrong side of 30.

Neres still only 23, 7 caps for Brazil etc. Contract expires in 2023 so will need to sell this summer to get best value. Club in china bid 30m for him 18 months back apparently.

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Exactly, quite possible Covid hasn’t bothered our owners one bit, they’re not exactly jobbing in the gig economy. They want to win, and that’s not cheap, as they well know. Reckon this summer will be a window the likes of which Villa fans have never seen. 

Covid will have bothered FFP limits that's for sure but I agree, I don't think it will effect the owners plans. You could say we will probably be finishing several places higher up the table than they imagined at the start of the year and therefore a lot of the covid loss will be made up through that.

• Like 1

I don't see us signing 5-7 first team quality players at those prices this summer.

Too much churn again. To need do that would be admission of failure in our current dealings. I'd be made up with 2-3 TBH (and a few promising younger players). 

Second striker, genuine centre half competition for Mings and a unit of a defensive mid or wide attacker. 

Ofc that can all change if we have a significant departure or two. 

Edited by HolteExile
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HolteExile said:

I don't see us signing 5-7 first team quality players at those prices this summer.

Too much churn again. To need do that would be admission of failure in our current dealings. I'd be made up with 2-3 TBH (and a few promising younger players). 

Second striker, genuine centre half competition for Mings and a unit of a defensive mid or wide attacker. 

Ofc that can all change if we have a significant departure or two. 

I think that's more realistic

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Mentioned him before but what about someone like Neres from Ajax?

Can play central or out wide in the 3 and I presume with them getting in Haller they'll need to sell someone up there to balance the books like they did with Kasper Dolberg last summer.

Either him or Dusan Tadic you'd suspect who'd also be decent although wrong side of 30.

Neres still only 23, 7 caps for Brazil etc. Contract expires in 2023 so will need to sell this summer to get best value. Club in china bid 30m for him 18 months back apparently.

Neres has been injured a lot recently, has only started 3 league games since November 2019

Realistically 3/4 signings will see us sustaining a top 8 challenge. We need to find a Soucek, a left back, a CB and another forward. Patson Daka is my marquee signing for the summer. Another clever loan like Barkley might be incoming too.

36 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Realistically 3/4 signings will see us sustaining a top 8 challenge. We need to find a Soucek, a left back, a CB and another forward. Patson Daka is my marquee signing for the summer. Another clever loan like Barkley might be incoming too.

Daka release clause has gone up. I think he will end up at Leipzig 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, yayoboy said:

Parson Daka would be a brilliant signing, kids got it all and only 22.

Trying to find a clip of a goal he scored on a computer attack, his pace and power were unreal.

Is it this?

Image result for gaming rage gif

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Neres has been injured a lot recently, has only started 3 league games since November 2019

Didn't know it had got that bad, he played majority of 18-19 when they made CL SFs. Guess that will knock down his transfer fee a fair bit and rule out some of the major clubs looking at him.