Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Bissouma been very impressive against Watford. Made second goal! Exactly what Villa need in midfield so the club should sign him before one of the top six do as he won’t stay at Brighton for long.

Would allow McGinn to play further forward.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rolta said:

We were playing Newcastle. They're a badly run club with a shit manager. They could well get relegated. The test is when we play the good teams. I wouldn't be confident.

I agree to a certain extent, we certainly miss a stand out player, a midfield rock. I still think we need a DM and an upgrade on McGinn too for us to really make strides. I am not advocating selling McGinn, he has a role, but I think we need more control and authority.

1 hour ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Despite lots of moaning about how terrible our midfield is, they have been widely credited with being our best players today, all three of them described as pressing and working hard all game. Douglas, Ramsey and McGinn doing great today. Of course we could buy players that improve our midfield further and I hope we do but hopefully the players we do have already could get a bit more respect from fans?

We played Newcastle who are dire. Do you think they would be as good against a team that actually plays the ball on the floor?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I wonder how much a player like Jacob Ramsey would cost in today’s market? 

I reckon £15m today. If he had a scoring habit (which I don’t think is far away) £20+, he’s as good as Willock or better. I think he could be another McGinn, which may allow us to sell McGinn at some point.

His brother is meant to be even better. We have some really very good youth for years to come, it’s such a turnaround in fortunes.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

I think we will only get another attacking player if el ghazi leaves. We have Bailey, Watkins and traore out. That would make a big difference to our starting 11 and match day squad. 

I’d happily swap a 26 yo AEG for a 21 yo Damsgaard, he’s got a very bright future and already delivering.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Bissouma been very impressive against Watford. Made second goal! Exactly what Villa need in midfield so the club should sign him before one of the top six do as he won’t stay at Brighton for long.

Would allow McGinn to play further forward.

Bissouma would transform our midfield. Problem is Brighton don’t need to sell and he would cost £40m+.

Surprised the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd haven’t made a move for him.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Bissouma would transform our midfield. Problem is Brighton don’t need to sell and he would cost £40m+.

Surprised the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd haven’t made a move for him.

He would. But Is he worth double what Anguissa would cost?

Would be happy for us to sell Nakamba and El Ghazi if it allowed us to bring in better… only squad players we could get decent money for too…

I don’t think Dean rates Guilbert and can see him leaving, a shame really. Would’ve been a useful option.

I expect Hourihane to leave soon.

Davis may yet go out on loan (how long will he be injured for?) unless Wesley does… 

So we can free a few spots up and sign higher calibre players to elevate us as a team…

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, string28 said:

lots lol 

Same as Sarr that everyone has been creaming over for the last couple weeks. Grass isn't always greener. We got a good one right here at home. 

15 minutes ago, thunderball said:

He would. But Is he worth double what Anguissa would cost?

Nope. I’d be delighted if we signed Anguissa. We shouldn’t let today’s bruceball opponents impact our view of the need to strengthen the midfield.

Today’s game has shown me that it’s not as bad as I thought, and Ramsey looks good, but we won’t play Newcastle every week. For example, Brighton’s midfield would overrun ours as things stand.

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

From crap team in Dutch league. Is this a joke?

It may not be the most exciting signing ever, but you’d have to imagine there’s a reason the scouting team would be after him. Rob Mackenzie has unearthed some rather cheap gems in the past. Articles online seem to say Atalanta are interested in him as well, and they do pretty well for themselves. 

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

From crap team in Dutch league. Is this a joke?

Let’s see if we sign him first, probably a McKenzie signing… could be a gem, who knows? Will probably need developing but we can afford that…

I know nothing about the kid but if we have followed him and end up signing him, he has to have something about him…

Does coming from a weak team to league automatically mean he is crap???

(Why do you so often hate the idea of us signing players? Very aggressive or annoyed about most links or suggestions that come up?)