Match Thread: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Just now, NewportStu said:

We look tired. AEG and Barkley in particular are passengers and gave the ball away countless times.

Looking forward to seeing the French duo of Sanson and Traore come on in the second half and switch it up. 

UTV!

Oh yes, and McGinn looks fooked

Just now, NewportStu said:

We look tired. AEG and Barkley in particular are passengers and gave the ball away countless times.

Looking forward to seeing the French duo of Sanson and Traore come on in the second half and switch it up. 

UTV!

how do we do that????

Team in slow motion no support from midfield to defenders passing out from the back or up front, jack isolated to name the obvious issues.

Barkley? By far the worst I have seen him play. Terrible so far tonight, wrong passes, slow dilly dallying shooting terrible off the pace and devoid of anything creative.

Mgginn not in the game or el ghazi 

We need to change the midfield around and if in 10 minutes barkley doesn't sort himself out, take him off.

Then after 70 if el ghazi isn't in the game take him off.

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Why is anyone suggesting subs at half time?

It's not gonna happen unless there's an injury or tactical decision to be made.

You take stock, look how it's going, discuss, agree a plan then give yourselves a few mins to change it up.

Ridiculous to sub people because they've played ok in one half.

Because subs is the new way to moan at the manager. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What a statement by El Ghazi that is. I'd take him off at HT.

Barkley so wasteful and easy to get the ball off.

Not sure if this or Southampton was worse. Probably this because Southampton are at least a dangerous side. West Ham will sit tight and let you give them the ball, which we have many times.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

For all our poor play we've hit the post and missed the best chance. Its not all doom and gloom

And for all West Hams possession and territory they haven't carved out a really good chance. We're defending well. 

• Like 2

West Ham a lot sharper in possession and carrying the greater threat. This is another game where the opposition know if they put us under pressure we don't like it and we can be forced into a mistake. That is a definite pattern, looks like we may have been sussed. We look great when teams let us play, but not at all when they don't. Their play is crisp, aggressive and direct. We have no rhythm. Poor.

Personally I think Ek Ghazi and Barkley are battling to see who can have the worst half of football this season. McGinn was in the race but accidentally made one succesful pass... The midfield is anonymous, the defence are sloppy and the team are devoid of ideas and effort.

Watkins only player to come out of this with credit so far.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I know WHU got a lot of shot on target, but it hasn't really been dangerous yet. very flat match in general.

I think we need to take AEG off and bring Traore or Trez on, he's having a mare of a game.

Would give Barkley some more time, but if it's not improving within 10-15min of the second half it's time to swap him off and give Sanson his debut.

Not sure it’s a Trez type game.  I’m almost thinking swap El Ghazi for Sanson.  Play Sanson, McGinn and Luiz to get some control in midfield and then Barkley, Jack and Watkins further forward.  It makes us narrower upfront but we were losing midfield and I don’t think it’s a Trez game and I worry about Traore tracking back against Creswell bombing forward

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Dean must be proactive here. We need to get the win, we’ve had a couple of chances but id still fancy them To score first on balance of that half. We have good options off the bench. Surely we cant be that bad second half. McGinn just cant get into games, shadow of his former self atm

I actually think he's done alright so far.

• Like 1

Midfield 3 are poor offering the CBs little protection. The FBs are being overrun. Cash especially. Benrahmas all over him. Ghazi.....needs a rocket. Several lazy performances. Hope we pick it up before this game gets away from us.