General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He handed us so many yellows today was ridiculous. I thiught the ref was really poor for both sides. Even with var the generally officiating is absymal

I thought our yellows were justified to be honest. Maybe Kamara’s was a bit harsh, but the others were all fair enough.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Don't flag on tight offsides play on and if they score let VAR sort it out

There was at least 2 today where they played on and Brighton won a corner, if they scored from those corners VAR does nothing

They've broken football

Also the guy today was a proper front and centre all about him type ref, we got dirty at the end but he was **** terrible throughout

Well remembered.

Their LWB was a good yard offside but guy dosen't flag for reasons you state and Mings can't take the chance and has to clear the ball otherwise Welbeck has a tap in. They then effectively get a free corner to score from.

It's a very annoying interpretation with VAR introduced.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I thought our yellows were justified to be honest. Maybe Kamara’s was a bit harsh, but the others were all fair enough.

No way did Brighton just have two yellows worthy of all their fouls though. Dunk didn't actually get anything for the penalty and Caicedo kicked Kamara through the back when we were breaking first half and again was nothing shown so he's just free to foul constantly in second before he eventually got one on his fourth offence.

Really annoys me some of the stuff Fernandes gets away with aswell. Completely scythed down a Fulham player who was breaking first half and no yellow card.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

No way did Brighton just have two yellows worthy of all their fouls though. Dunk didn't actually get anything for the penalty and Caicedo kicked Kamara through the back when we were breaking first half and again was nothing shown so he's just free to foul constantly in second before he eventually got one on his fourth offence.

Really annoys me some of the stuff Fernandes gets away with aswell. Completely scythed down a Fulham player who was breaking first half and no yellow card.

Personally, I don’t think Dunk should’ve been booked. He tried to get the ball, tried to pull out of the challenge but failed.

Brighton probably should have had two more bookings. We also should’ve had Luiz booked.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

legal and no gamesmanship at all. Dion Dublin did it before though he wasnt hiding in the goal 

Yeah, it’s the hiding thing I’m on about. Dion was just hanging around, really, but this is next level. 

5 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Yeah, it’s the hiding thing I’m on about. Dion was just hanging around, really, but this is next level. 

Watching the clip back it does look he is actually tying his lace, would probably need some context of what happened before. If it was a corner maybe the keeper has forgotten about him but if it was in play then its on the keeper

• Like 1

On 13/11/2022 at 16:04, villa4europe said:

Don't flag on tight offsides play on and if they score let VAR sort it out

There was at least 2 today where they played on and Brighton won a corner, if they scored from those corners VAR does nothing

I agree with the playing on bit, but I agree if they do that then the offsides should be checked whether it leads to a goal or not.

It has to be one or the other

• Like 1

During the Man Utd game, towards the end, Emi caught the ball and held it for 38 seconds before he released it. I know because I timed it. It was funny because it was in our favour but it's the kind of thing that absolutely infuriates me usually.

The 6 second rule is a complete joke.

• Like 1

There were 2 players and the goalkeeper basically all jumping for the ball, one headed it and the other guy got it, he was offside.

It looks kind of ridiculous and it would never have been offside without the technology but that’s not a good reason for something not being offside.

Now we can talk about the margin of error and the leading body part of choice, but I don’t think I’m the end there’s actually anything wrong with that decision, funny as it was and looking blatantly corrupt at first.

• Like 2

Â