General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

Really want to see cynical fouls (when a team breaks) given red cards rather than yellows.  Absolutely zero intent to make a challenge or play the ball - just "take one for the team".

Case in point in the Boro vs Bournemouth game, Boro are breaking and Duncan Watmore has pushed the ball way beyond Gary Cahill.  He's running through on attack.  Cahill launches himself at Watmore with the ball a good 15 yards away.  It's ridiculous - should be a red.

Yes I said the same midweek for Callum Wilson on someone. Sin Bin might be a good option for that if not red.

• Like 1

On 19/12/2021 at 00:16, bobzy said:

Really want to see cynical fouls (when a team breaks) given red cards rather than yellows.  Absolutely zero intent to make a challenge or play the ball - just "take one for the team".

Case in point in the Boro vs Bournemouth game, Boro are breaking and Duncan Watmore has pushed the ball way beyond Gary Cahill.  He's running through on attack.  Cahill launches himself at Watmore with the ball a good 15 yards away.  It's ridiculous - should be a red.

I'd like that too - but how would Man City win games with half their outfield being red-carded every game?

7 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

I'd like that too - but how would Man City win games with half their outfield being red-carded every game?

Pff Pep is a genius, he could bring Mansfield to Premier League domination if he wanted

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Pff Pep is a genius, he could bring Mansfield to Premier League domination if he wanted

No. No he couldn't. Totally unproven at that level.

He's never really worked on a team with a budget that was on par with his competitors. He remains a fantastic coach - but he only ever works with the finest players.

Off the point though. The point was simply that Man City are far and away the most cynical side off the ball.

3 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

He's never really worked on a team with a budget that was on par with his competitors. He remains a fantastic coach - but he only ever works with the finest players.

Off the point though. The point was simply that Man City are far and away the most cynical side off the ball.

I was being sarcastic 🙄🙄

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2021 at 22:07, fightoffyour said:

Yes I said the same midweek for Callum Wilson on someone. Sin Bin might be a good option for that if not red.

Sin bin for professional fouls would be the one change I'd make to the rules of the game. Would make for a much more interesting sport for the spectator, and it would give meaning to the term 'tactical foul', as currently taking a yellow for the team is generally no sacrifice whatsoever

• Like 1

On 19/12/2021 at 22:59, ozvillafan said:

Spoils the game as a contest for me and hence why I stopped getting excited about watching Barcelona even with Messi. They became boring and city are the same. 

• Like 1

Luke Shaw could've had 4 yellows today. 

He blocked Cash twice, off the ball, as he went down the line. That thing is just an easy-as-you-like yellow in any game. 

Fernandez did one on Targett as well after he cleared. Again, easy yellow.

It's decisions like these, that are rife when playing the Manchester clubs, that just stop you building any pressure up and swing the game back to them.

If Shaw was on a yellow for that, he doesn't wipe out Ramsey when he pokes it past him at the edge of the box....or he does and sees red. 

• Like 4

Â