• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Ramsey (Barkley 68)
    • El Ghazi (Traoré 68)
    • Taylor (Targett 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 23:59

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Don't want to pick  players out, but i would be keen to have explained to me The one who voted Dougie Motm?

I'm surprised there weren't move votes for Cash. Exceptional all game and outrageously unlucky that the new handball rule is as much of a joke as VAR itself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

I get what you're saying but I find it so hard to criticise when we've not played a league match in 20 days and for most of that time we've not even been training together. Rustiness was inevitable and I can forgive them that considering the effort they put in, the resolute defending and best of all; the desire to hit Shitty on the break and not just park the bus. All things considered, we were amazing.

I think this is spot on - i was pretty happy with how we played.

I'm not sure what exactly happened with the covid situation, but it might be the case that a couple of these players have had covid over the last 2-3 weeks.  I wouldn't have thought anyone could play a full premier league game just days after recovering from a severe respiratory disease, but who knows ? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes I just posted the same sought of thing. We didn't play as well as some people think on here and City deserved to win, even though their first goal was dodgy. 

They have quality all over the pitch, when they are in this mood, but you cannot give up that much possession and expect to get anything.

We do have mitigating circumstances to claim, but while the defence was sublime, the midfield was iffy.....i still see many improvements we can make along the way.

Just now, Okonokos said:

I get what you're saying but I find it so hard to criticise when we've not played a league match in 20 days and for most of that time we've not even been training together. Rustiness was inevitable and I can forgive them that considering the effort they put in, the desire to hit Shitty on the break and not just park the bus and the resolute defending. All things considered, we were amazing.

Yes I fully understand it given the circumstances and rustiness was very much inevitable, but just looking at the performance regardless of the circumstances I didn't think our counter attacking was anything near what it has been, compare it to how fast we hit Liverpool on the break and the sprints the players did in that game compared to this. And in the first half we could hardly pull three passes in a row together. Now of course almost grinding out a draw away to City and losing by a horror fault from the ref, and also actually managing to create a couple of chances is good, it's just that I had expected more. But as I said, that's more a sign of how much we have improved and how much my expectations have gone up than anything else.

Just now, The_Steve said:

There's nothing Cash could do about the hand ball, he's naturally moving his body position. There's a massive gap between him, the ball, and Gabriel Jesus. It's a ridiculous rule.

I can't really argue with it, it's not a natural position to have the hand above the shoulders, I don't agree with the rule, but I can understand it and think it's quite clear. Having said that, I thought Diaz handball was a penalty as well. In the same way that it's not a natural position to have your hand above your shoulders, it's not a natural position to have your hand behind you on the ground.

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

But:

• A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent. 

This isn't the first situation where the rules seem to be contradictory. I'm starting to think that they are deliberately so such that there is always a get-out clause when decisions are made. The authorities can always find a bullet point to support their decisions.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

There's nothing Cash could do about the hand ball, he's naturally moving his body position. There's a massive gap between him, the ball, and Gabriel Jesus. It's a ridiculous rule.

We wouldn't have got it.

when we are attacking the rules are very clear and implemented.......when we defend, they make them up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

One of many daft rules ruining football. But if I hear one more football fan try and justify the allowing of the first goal I think I will explode with anger.

I'm trying to focus on our positives and how far we have come

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Yes I fully understand it given the circumstances and rustiness was very much inevitable, but just looking at the performance regardless of the circumstances I didn't think our counter attacking was anything near what it has been, compare it to how fast we hit Liverpool on the break and the sprints the players did in that game compared to this. And in the first half we could hardly pull three passes in a row together. Now of course almost grinding out a draw away to City and losing by a horror fault from the ref, and also actually managing to create a couple of chances is good, it's just that I had expected more. But as I said, that's more a sign of how much we have improved and how much my expectations have gone up than anything else.

Yeah, I think that's fair to say. Basically, if we can attack like we did today after having barely any training for 3 weeks, then it bodes well for when we're fully fit and firing on all cylinders. The signs are definitely good.

• Like 1

The truth is that despite everything going against us we now look a very good side. I'm also glad due to the circumstances this game comes

before the more winnable Newcastle game. What a change from this time last year. I now really believe we can give anybody a run for their

money!

• Like 1

From 2018. John Moss is a disgrace, always has been.

Jon Moss was “misguided” in asking for TV assistance when awarding Tottenham their first penalty at Liverpool but called the decision correctly, the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) has said.

The referees’ group took the unusual step of explaining the process behind Harry Kane’s missed penalty at Anfield on Sunday after Moss and his assistant, Edward Smart, were recorded debating the legitimacy of the 85th-minute spot-kick. Kane was in an offside position when collecting Dele Alli’s pass but the Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren sliced the ball into the striker’s path before he was brought down by Loris Karius.

Moss was heard on a pitch-side microphone saying: “I have no idea whether Lovren touched the ball to be honest with you. Martin, have you got anything from TV?” He then added: “I’m giving the penalty.” The TV question was to Martin Atkinson but, with VAR not in use in the Premier League, Moss has accepted he was wrong to request outside help via the fourth official.

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

I can't really argue with it, it's not a natural position to have the hand above the shoulders, I don't agree with the rule, but I can understand it and think it's quite clear. Having said that, I thought Diaz handball was a penalty as well. In the same way that it's not a natural position to have your hand above your shoulders, it's not a natural position to have your hand behind you on the ground.

What is a natural position, in the heat of battle.

it should be hand to ball, penalty......ball to hand, no penalty.

• Like 1

Â