• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Ramsey (Barkley 68)
    • El Ghazi (Traoré 68)
    • Taylor (Targett 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 23:59

14 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Ok just for clarity, from the FA website, rules of offside:

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

So there we have it - he clearly did all three of those bolded points.

It is offside, by the rules. We were cheated.

I don't think i've ever seen such a blatant case of corruption in football.

But:

• A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent. 
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, a Man City 2-0 win would've got a shrug and a "Yeah, fair enough". But that has really put me off bothering anymore. It was such an enjoyable game up until then as well.

That "clarification of the offside rule" just opens up a whole world of goal hanging now, surely? Ironically, the very thing the offside rule was supposed to stop. Next game, let's stick Doug and McGinn up by their keeper, and longball it towards their goal all game long. As soon as he touches it, mug him and tap it in. Not offside officer, promise. Look it up. Robbie Savage smugly said so.

Absolutely bonkers.

Can we get a whip-round started to pay off Dean's fine as long as he promises to really lay into the PGMOL? We might have a few quid left over to convince JT to shag all their wives, mothers, daughters and cousins too.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

The most damming thing. Was that BT sport said the PL had been in touch - and then Peter Walton said the goal was good. 

He's a qualified ref isn't he ? - either the rules changed or PW didn't know them. As a pundit ref I thought he would.

Wow, didn't realise that I just heard Walton say moments after the goal should NOT have been given.

Crazy, seems a farce or corruption. You have to ask the question Villa have had some terrible decisions against us not only last season but some just as bad this season.

I hope we make some waves over this!

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

He played well until that brain fart, where he thinks he has the touch and ball control of John Terry.

He had at least one other lapse of urgency giving Konsa a grenade in the first half.

The whole thing is just bollocks. The funny thing is that pre var the lino would no doubt have had his flag up and the correct decision (assuming that is correct, I barely know anymore) would have been given.

I swear there’s more controversy now than ever before. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I think by “receiving” they  mean a pass not a player running back from offside and tackling a defender 

Yes, the rule is intended for situation where the defender mis-hits a pass to the attacker in an “offside” position. Not tackling the defender who has taken a touch to control a long ball.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, hippo said:

We get a point if Target doesn't get injured.

Yep the gulf in quality between the first eleven and bench is huge. There was a passage of play when Taylor, El Ghazi and Ramsey were playing it around and lost it. Made me think, at best those three collectively are championship level. 

4 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

He isn't offside cause Mings decides to bring it down and play. therefore it is a new situation.

Before Mings brings it down he makes a deliberate motion towards the ball from an offside position. The linesman should have flagged right there before Mings even touched it. 

• Like 1

Â