• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Ramsey (Barkley 68)
    • El Ghazi (Traoré 68)
    • Taylor (Targett 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 23:59

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yep he's so far offside he's not even in Mings' thinking. I hope Dean tells Watkins to do the same from now on.

Totally agree on this now. Play in an offside position and wait for the ball. Don't go for it then nick it off the defender

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

A defender must DELIBERATELY play to reset a offside player. A touch is not enough. When did the rule change. 

If a player is stretching for the ball and just touches it, that's deliberate.

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yep he's so far offside he's not even in Mings' thinking. I hope Dean tells Watkins to do the same from now on.

Watkins will get blown for offside. And he would have been tonight if that was him.

This is even worse than Palace.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Of course if Mings does what Owen is  saying sarcastically what  he has to do , a different Man City player could then have run onto the ball unchallenged ... it’s completely farcical 

So if he let's it bounce and Rodri stays away but a different ManC player runs on to it what then?  The rule is fine, the ref screwed up and now they are struggling for an explanation. 

If an offside player makes a deliberate movement towards the ball then that player has to be declared offside. The flag should have went up the minute Rodri makes a beeline for Mings. Awful, awful call. 

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s obviously been fed lines. This is a racket. Refs don’t criticise refs. It’s so painfully obvious. 

So painfully obvious. Have we got any psychologists on here? Because I'd love a professional to read his mannerisms. To me, it's so obvious he's uncomfortable about something.

The saddest thing about this? Had the linesman raised his flag for offside, neither side would have complained.

And therein lies the problem. When you have the time to look up IFAB during a VAR review, you find inexplicable ways to allow things that clearly shouldn't be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If a player is stretching for the ball and just touches it, that's deliberate.

Watkins will get blown for offside. And he would have been tonight if that was him.

This is even worse than Palace.

Played the game a long time, Mings performed as we were all coached to do from U8s. Reinterpreing the offside rule in this manner fundamentally changes the game. Refs got it wrong and now they are hiding behind an awful interpretation that will be immediately binned once the controversy dies down. 

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Fair play to Michael Owen for criticising this joke decision, the video needs to be seen by as many people as possible!

Absolute farce, we've been robbed with that decision.

Yeah, never thought I'd say it but that is superb punditry from Michael Owen. Telling it like it is rather than accepting the bull shit fed to him.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Says it all.

I don’t do Twitter but clicked on that thread you quoted ... there is some bloke called CarsonSZN just posting rule 11 to every reply ( even through he clearly doesn’t understand it )

I already  want to hunt him down and kill his mum  in front of him ( he clearly won’t have a wife or girlfriend )

and , that’s why It’s a good thing I don’t do Twitter 

• Haha 4

Just now, turvontour said:

So the rule is, that if you are a defender, and there is a player offside behind you, you as the defender are not allowed to retain possession, you have to get rid?

Yeah, pretty much. Or just leave it for another player to take and run in on goal. What you absolutely must not do is control the ball and attempt to get your team playing football.

Just now, Okonokos said:

Yeah, pretty much. Or just leave it for another player to take and run in on goal. What you absolutely must not do is control the ball and attempt to get your team playing football.

Haha, even if the player offside is a shirt sleeve length offside and therefore right on top of you. Like Watkins was all those times his goals didnt count. A real sickener this one given those Watkins goals we've had chalked off. Absolutely stupid rule.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I don’t do Twitter but clicked on that thread you quoted ... there is some bloke called CarsonSZN just posting rule 11 to every reply ( even through he clearly doesn’t understand it )

I already  want to hunt him down and kill his mum  in front of him ( he clearly won’t have a wife or girlfriend )

and , that’s why It’s a good thing I don’t do Twitter 

Can I kill his pets

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Yes and what a great way to call out the corruption, without having to put in any kind of complaint, or saying anything at all.

Just played out live on TV.

Everyone can see; they can't call it offside without admitting they are corrupt, and everyone will know what we are saying ; without having to make a single official complaint.

Surely other teams challenging, wouldn't be happy either.

I actually thought we were a bit passive and rusty, not as energetic as we usually are. Both McGinn and Barkley were off the pace, Traoré missplaced more passes than usual and Luiz was very quiet in the first half. We stood up good to a Man C team that is in great form and it is very much an improvement from last season at home, but I still have the feeling that we could have done more. We could have pressed more, I waned to see McGinn make more of his trademark rushes and Luiz keeping the ball more and Barkley, well do something. They had 28 shots, hit the bar, Martinez made some insane saves and we were lucky with the bounces several times. Quite frankly it could easily have been 4 or 5 against us.

I thought the second part of the second half was better, it went a bit gung-ho and we created some chances. But all in all I'm left with a feeling of disappointment, and the fact that I have that feeling when having played away to Man C just shows what massive improvements we have made. Reload and destroy Newcastle on Saturday now.

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I actually thought we were a bit passive and rusty, not as energetic as we usually are. Both McGinn and Barkley were off the pace, Traoré missplaced more passes than usual and Luiz was very quiet in the first half. We stood up good to a Man C team that is in great form and it is very much an improvement from last season at home, but I still have the feeling that we could have done more. We could have pressed more, I waned to see McGinn make more of his trademark rushes and Luiz keeping the ball more and Barkley, well do something. They had 28 shots, hit the bar, Martinez made some insane saves and we were lucky with the bounces several times. Quite frankly it could easily have been 4 or 5 against us.

I thought the second part of the second half was better, it went a bit gung-ho and we created some chances. But all in all I'm left with a feeling of disappointment, and the fact that I have that feeling when having played away to Man C just shows what massive improvements we have made. Reload and destroy Newcastle on Saturday now.

I get what you're saying but I find it so hard to criticise when we've not played a league match in 20 days and for most of that time we've not even been training together. Rustiness was inevitable and I can forgive them that considering the effort they put in, the resolute defending and best of all; the desire to hit Shitty on the break and not just park the bus. All things considered, we were amazing.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 3

Â