• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Ramsey (Barkley 68)
    • El Ghazi (Traoré 68)
    • Taylor (Targett 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 23:59

1 hour ago, markc said:

Can the Mods please add a VAR performance to the ratings poll.

They only need to put the options of very poor or total sh#t on😀

It would have to improve significantly to even dream of reaching that kind of level.

Just finished watching.  They deserved to win the game on the balance of it, and I'll admit I didn't think their goal was offside, because Mings chested it and dallied a bit, was my first reaction.  I can defo see why everyone thinks it's offside though, rodri did affect the play, by assisting the goal.  

McGinn could/should have at least hit the target when grealish rolled the ball along the 6 yard box, Traore could have done a little better when he did that excellent touch around stones.

Thought our back 4 were brilliant, cash exposed at times with Traore not tracking back quickly enough, then Mings does that, which turned out suicidal.

Thought Luiz was excellent, thought Barkley was ok but tired quickly in the second half.

Lots to be positive about. 

The weather was awful and affected play quite badly I thought.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

He knew Rodri was there and was waiting for offside.

I've just been around twitter and seen the whole thing a few times, only saw it once whilst watching the game and thought "you can't dally like that".

Having watched it again, yea I'm not sure how he's not given it.  Was Mings meant to just leave it to go through to rodri to get the decision?

Rodri shouldn't have attempted the tackle knowing he was offside.

Ontop of us now looking if people's armpit hair is offside in a goal now, how that's not given is utterly ridiculous.

I repeal my original post, but still think City deserved to win.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I've just been around twitter and seen the whole thing a few times, only saw it once whilst watching the game and thought "you can't dally like that".

Having watched it again, yea I'm not sure how he's not given it.  Was Mings meant to just leave it to go through to rodri to get the decision?

Rodri shouldn't have attempted the tackle knowing he was offside.

Ontop of us now looking if people's armpit hair is offside in a goal now, how that's not given is utterly ridiculous.

I repeal my original post, but still think City deserved to win.

I mentioned in another thread in most cases the attacking player wouldn’t even attempt the challenge.  There’s a similar incident today in Italy where Ronaldo intercepts the ball coming back from an offside position and even he knows the whistle is about to blow as it’s an half hearted attempt.

When the ref ran over to the touchline  i thought it was to check the screen and disallow the goal. Instead it was to bock Smith!!

• Like 2

What a farce. I mean, I've read plenty of "When Mings get the ball there's a new phase." I've read the rules on the FA page tonight and I can't find one single mention of a "new phase", not one.

Then there's the receiving thing. Well, I remember so well when Mark Delaney received the ball from the opponent's attackers

917 Mark Delaney Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

He received the ball quite well.

Anyway, there were 3 incidents tonight that told me that Moss had a mission tonight. The goal, it's obviously offside, all the "explanations" are just stupid. It's offside, pure and simple. And then there's the sending off of DS. I mean, come on. And then there was a minor thing in the first half that was just so weird. When we had a freekick in our own half. Mings is preparing to take it but then let's it off to Martinez, something that happens quite often in football. To lift up the team. Nothing special at all. It takes a few more seconds but still, it's in the first half and not controversary at all. Untill Pep starts to shout for some reason and then Moss feels the need to run and Tell Mings to not doing that, or something of the effect. Doing what? Letting the keeper take a freekick in our own half? It happens so often and I've never seen a reaction like that. And when Pep started to shout a real ref would've told him to pipe down and let the game go. There wasn't much time wasting in this game, at least not as much as there use to be in a game like this, and I was just confused. In itself a nothing situation, but with all the rest, well, I probably make it bigger than it was, but Moss did go Pep's way in that sitaution. Too.

I hope, I really hope, that we against newcastle, when we attack put Ollie just a few metres above the goal line, to the left or right so he won't shadow the keeper's sight, and then take shots so Olli can go for the rebounds from the keeper. I mean, as soon as the keeper touches the ball he must play Ollie onside, right? You know it's the right way to go, Dean, call them out. And if we're successfull but are called off for offside, tell Ollie to lurk behind the defence waiting for a ball from, say, DL to their last defender and then you receive it from behind. Just do it. Air Jordan.

And for the game, they were by far the best team we've played so far this season but we stood up well. Rode our luck and I can take a loss, but not like this.

Targett motm for me. I didn't use to think much about him, but he's been better and better for every game this season. Well played, Matthew.

• Like 3

This is the kind of crap you will see on the man city forum, they have over 100 pages of plain and utter disrespect towards us. I usually enjoy reading other forums but City fans disgust me most now, it used to be Newcastle, not no more... what a complete bunch of Representatives for Wellingborough to be fair. They couldn't just admit that those goals were utter crap and the offside and penalty shouldnt of been given. 

Apparently I was read that Smith asked the ref if he had Juggling balls for Christmas and was given a red for it, if so that's utter rubbish to send him off for that.

Absolutely! My only regret is they didn't go down last season, aided by a goal that wasn't allowed when it was a clear goal. Funny I don't hear them crying about that. I hate the **** after Wembley and snidey dirty Grealish and cry baby Smith, both being Villa fans, sums them up.

One fan talking about Jack- Why does he have to behave like such a cvnt on the pitch when he clearly has insight?!
Very good player but shit attitude.
Not sure I’d want him here because of that.

if anyone wants to read there Bull$hit.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/villa-h-post-match-thread.349227/page-98

Â