• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Ramsey (Barkley 68)
    • El Ghazi (Traoré 68)
    • Taylor (Targett 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 23:59

2 hours ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Thanks for indulging all my howling at the moon, @kidlewis, @Tommo_b and @Phil Silvers. You have helped me get my blood pressure down a bit (in time for the Newcastle game...).

Anyway, just to put the tin lid on this campaign of misinformation that the PL and media have been running since Wednesday, I thought I would post one more time (I promise). It’s about this supposed law amendment. Some change of wording that is meant to be the official explanation for the goal. We’ve all seen it wheeled out all over the place: BT, MOTD, Sky Sports, social media...

”A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball is not considered to have gained an advantage.”

Now, like I said in a previous post, a quick check of IFAB updates was enough to tell me there has been no such “amendment” in recent years.

But here’s where the con gets REALLY cunning...

That phrase is part of a paragraph that CONTAINS AN UNRELATED AMENDMENT for this season. The phrase itself is not an amendment at all! And yet we are being sold the phrase as the amendment itself (AND being told the very same by every ex-ref willing to sell his integrity to the highest bidder). Amazing!

Here is a screenshot from the IFAB app to demonstrate (I tried to figure out Flickr in order to embed it here so hopefully it works):

3D535209-EA3A-4D9F-B5A3-189BA13AC88F

You see? As so many people suspected, there simply is no “new” law / amendment whatever relating to the Rodri situation. None.

So if the phrase being trotted out is actually nothing new, just how long has that exact phrase (about receiving the ball / deliberately plays) been a part of Law 11? 

Well, doing nothing more complex than typing it word for word into Google, I see it in 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014... I’m sure it would carry on if I kept looking.

So there you have it. Everything we have been told since Wednesday night is nothing but a botched cover-up using the very worst of post-truth tactics. What a disgrace.

It's mad isnt it? All to avoid admitting they made a mistake. 

• Like 1

Â