• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Ramsey (Barkley 68)
    • El Ghazi (Traoré 68)
    • Taylor (Targett 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 23:59

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

But:

• A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent. 

Play the ball in this case means if Mings brings the ball down, turns around to pass it to Martinez but accidentally passes it to Rodri, in which case he wouldn’t be offside.

Now it appears that the rule is intentionally vague so that in situations like this PGMOL can defend themselves when they rig the result by claiming that a “play” is a “touch”, when clearly that’s not how it is meant.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

No, they havent...

They have played a blinder to make sure that they can make it easier to manipulate certain teams into winning...

They have **** it for us... Definitiely...

But having little old Aston Villa who narrowly escaped relegation and who have Jack Grealish playing for them

(which they cannot... ****... stand)

put up a fight against so called "BIG CLUBS"

(Who are all cuddling together to try and form a European Super League so they never have to worry about being played out of)

is something they are not willing to tolerate...

Which they have put this VAR system and amended all of these rules so they can engineer results to the best of their ability...

Tonight?... It worked...

I got ridiculed for suggesting this at work once but I stuck to my guns. Starting to look more and more probable now, isn't it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

As totally bonkers as that sounds its looking increasingly likely. Never have so many appalling decisions been made with so much technology to prevent them. I deffo preferred the good old days of just having shit refs

Money and power corrupts people...

And as the Premier League has grown in popularity... and become so financially lucrative... Too many big players have too much to lose from a game which is mainly based on skill... but of which there is also an element of chance...

A gust of wind here or a balloon thrown on the field there could cost some people a bucketload of cash...

And money talks...

However.... It could just be put down to me being a notoriously bad loser... which I am... and I am not going to pretend I am not...

But with Ollie Watkins having goals disallowed for a sleeve offside... and then this arse of a decision tonight where Man Citys player was SO offside he could have been waiting at a bus stop...

Something is either being fiddled... or its completely broken...

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

magazine another rant from me I know but even their own statement STILL means it’s offside. 

he didn’t receive the ball from Mings, it wasn’t a misplaced pass. He tackled Mings..... 

It's not hard to understand, is it?

They're just a bunch of corrupt scum bags trying to weasel their way out of yet another display of outright corruption. I swear they don't even try and hide it anymore. 10 years ago or so they used to do it much more subtly but now it's so obvious.

Only one thing matters now, and that is money from broadcasting companies and foreign fans.

Football is like a giant dead oak tree. Looks alive and well from the outside but completely dead and hollow on the inside. F***ing hate what it has become. Absolutely hate and detest it. It's only my undying love for Villa that keeps me coming back because I certainly have no interest as a neutral.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It's not hard to understand, is it?

They're just a bunch of corrupt scum bags trying to weasel their way out of yet another display of outright corruption. I swear they don't even try and hide it anymore. 10 years ago or so they used to do it much more subtly but now it's so obvious.

Only one thing matters now, and that is money from broadcasting companies and foreign fans.

Football is like a giant dead oak tree. Looks alive and well from the outside but completely dead and hollow on the inside. F***ing hate what it has become. Absolutely hate and detest it. It's only my undying love for Villa that keeps me coming back because I certainly have no interest as a neutral.

Mate... A certain world class midfielder has had his career railroaded because of his comments about the inhumane treatment of a certain ethnic group by a certain massive, insanely rich and famously corrupt country.

Too much dirty money flowing through football... and that is dirty money that certain people want to hold on to... and they will not allow underlings to take it from them with fanciful talk of "reaching their potential", "hard work" or "ethics"

• Like 2

Thought we were 2nd best but defended brilliantly with a little bit of luck whilst giving them enough to worry about on the counter. Credit to Smith & his staff for the improvement in our defence as well as making some great additions in this area.

Ugh, but I'm sick of dealing with controversial refereeing decisions every 2nd-3rd match. It's sucking the life out of me. **** David Ellery for what he's done to the game, it's a mess.

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

@TheAuthority
seems you were the one that didn’t know the rules eh? Pretty much clarified now that it wasn't offside. There you go.

Nope - you are absolutely wrong and don't understand the rules of football.

In this case the rules were incorrectly applied by terrible officials.

• Like 2

I think the issue is the word 'received'. To me, that implies intercepting a pass from the defender, i.e. back to the keeper or to another player. 

This wasn't an interception. It was a tackle. From an offside position. 

No goal. **** Jon Moss. **** VAR. **** Citeh and their oil baron masters.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Mate... A certain world class midfielder has had his career railroaded because of his comments about the inhumane treatment of a certain ethnic group by a certain massive, insanely rich and famously corrupt country.

Too much dirty money flowing through football... and that is dirty money that certain people want to hold on to... and they will not allow underlings to take it from them with fanciful talk of "reaching their potential", "hard work" or "ethics"

Out of curiosity, who's this referring to?

Rodri did not receive the ball from Mings, he was tackled, nor was it a deliberate play to Rodri but a chest control.

So even with the rule that they’ve used to try and claim the referee’s decision was correct is still wrong on both counts. But the damage is done, they called up Walton in the time between the incident and the match ending and got him to come out with this false explanation that will stick in people’s memories and be taken as gospel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Gary Lineker and Match of the Day throwing their weight behind this entirely irrelevant law about an attacker “receiving the ball” from a defender who “deliberately plays the ball”.

Yep, the law we all know about blind backpasses being wheeled out once again to sweep this blatant injustice under the carpet. Talk about the media and PL presenting a united front.

The small matter of the pertinent law (about an offside player interfering with a defender) safely consigned to the Orwellian memory hole.

I give up.

Makes me so angry, hopefully come Saturday evening we will have put at least 5 past Newcastle and this will be forgotten.... until the next time 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Gary Lineker and Match of the Day throwing their weight behind this entirely irrelevant law about an attacker “receiving the ball” from a defender who “deliberately plays the ball”.

Yep, the law we all know about blind backpasses being wheeled out once again to sweep this blatant injustice under the carpet. Talk about the media and PL presenting a united front.

The small matter of the pertinent law (about an offside player interfering with a defender) safely consigned to the Orwellian memory hole.

I give up.

I think that just shows even more that the Premier League is corrupt.

If it was an honest error, they would have debated it and come to the correct conclusion.  

But because the result had already been decided before the game started, everyone has to toe the corrupt line.

• Like 1

It's not bloody hard is it??!

If Rodri stood still where he was, then Mings brought the ball down and blindly passed it towards Martinez in goal and Rodri intercepted it then fine, that's not offside.

That clearly didn't happen. So what did happen?

Rodri made a tackle from an offside position. He was not in a legal position on the pitch to make that tackle. He wouldn't have been able to win position there if he was onside.

Anyone saying it was onside is either deluded, on the wind up or corrupt.

• Like 3

Â