• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Ramsey (Barkley 68)
    • El Ghazi (Traoré 68)
    • Taylor (Targett 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

One of many daft rules ruining football. But if I hear one more football fan try and justify the allowing of the first goal I think I will explode with anger.

I'm trying to focus on our positives and how far we have come

I'm trying to calm down before being infuriated by watching Gary Lineker spin out the premier league BS ; now they've had a couple of hours to think about it.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

What is a natural position, in the heat of battle.

it should be hand to ball, penalty......ball to hand, no penalty.

I agree 100%, it's just silly how they season after season alter the rule and try to get it perfect, which it of course never will be, it just confuses.

Completely agree that the good old hand to ball or ball to hand-rule was far better, then just let the ref decide with his own discretion. It will never be 100% fair, but these page up and page down with guidelines and altering of the rule is just silly.

Referees should be made to explain their decisions to the press on TV after the game...

If their controversial decisions cause one team an advantage over another, they should be made to watch it again, with the interviewer there and the camera in their face and explain themselves...

They arent held accountable enough and people with vested interests in their, in this case, shitty decisions deserve to hear what some of these weasels have to say for themselves...

If any of you, or I, made a shit decision at work that cost the company we work for a shedload of cash, we would be held accountable and be made to explain ourselves and defend our actions or apologise for our mistakes...

Finally... and I have said this TOO many times... If we are going to have VAR? Then the managers and team captains should be allowed to force a VAR call like a decision can be questioned in cricket...

If its found that the manager/captain has got the call right? Then the decision is reversed and they can make another call if they believe another decision to be incorrect...
If they get it wrong, then they cant request another VAR for the rest of the game...

• Like 1

The rules now are far too complicated, to judge between incompetence and skullduggery.....they feed contempt.

The off side rule is a point in question......why not apply the same judgement as the goal line.....if there is daylight between the attacker and the defenders torso, he is off side.....if there is no daylight the attacker is level......legs and arms are ridiculous.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

The rules now are far too complicated

I think the opposite. They're far too vague, allowing PGMOL to wiggle out of any decision they find themselves criticised for.

The PGMOL justification for the action being onside is that Mings 'deliberately'' played the ball. It's completely and utterly meaningless.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Moss is a snowflake

Interpreting the law of the game = Making it up as I go along to whomevers advantage I see fit...

See: Phil Dowd... Villa-Man Utd League Cup Final, Vidic fouling with, if I remember correctly, Gabby clear on goal

4 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Referees should be made to explain their decisions to the press on TV after the game...

If their controversial decisions cause one team an advantage over another, they should be made to watch it again, with the interviewer there and the camera in their face and explain themselves...

They arent held accountable enough and people with vested interests in their, in this case, shitty decisions deserve to hear what some of these weasels have to say for themselves...

If any of you, or I, made a shit decision at work that cost the company we work for a shedload of cash, we would be held accountable and be made to explain ourselves and defend our actions or apologise for our mistakes...

Finally... and I have said this TOO many times... If we are going to have VAR? Then the managers and team captains should be allowed to force a VAR call like a decision can be questioned in cricket...

If its found that the manager/captain has got the call right? Then the decision is reversed and they can make another call if they believe another decision to be incorrect...
If they get it wrong, then they cant request another VAR for the rest of the game...

I can only remember this happening once in all the years I've watched football. Paul Durkin came out after the game live on TV and explained why he didn't give Newcastle a penalty at Old Trafford for a foul on Shearer. He explained that he simply didn't see the incident and if he had he would have changed his decision. Respected him for that ever since. Can you imagine this shower doing something like that nowadays? No, when they have a nightmare they get to just hide away and not face the consequences.

Just now, TRO said:

In an effort to micro manager the game, they have forensically ****ed it.

No, they havent...

They have played a blinder to make sure that they can make it easier to manipulate certain teams into winning...

They have **** it for us... Definitiely...

But having little old Aston Villa who narrowly escaped relegation and who have Jack Grealish playing for them

(which they cannot... ****... stand)

put up a fight against so called "BIG CLUBS"

(Who are all cuddling together to try and form a European Super League so they never have to worry about being played out of)

is something they are not willing to tolerate...

Which they have put this VAR system and amended all of these rules so they can engineer results to the best of their ability...

Tonight?... It worked...

• Like 3

Despite the controvesies of the officiating and the long lay off......I think there is  bit to get on with, with improvement.

There is still a fair bit to do to mix it with the big boys......we still allow the defence to be attacked too easily.....they kept us in the game and shouldn't have to be under that amount of pressure...despite the opposition.

I would like to see us sign a combative and quality no 6.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

No, they havent...

They have played a blinder to make sure that they can make it easier to manipulate certain teams into winning...

But having little old Aston Villa who narrowly escaped relegation and who have Jack Grealish playing for them

(Who are all cuddling together to try and form a European Super League so they never have to worry about being played out of)

Which they have put this VAR system and amended all of these rules so they can engineer results to the best of their ability...

Tonight?... It worked...

As totally bonkers as that sounds its looking increasingly likely. Never have so many appalling decisions been made with so much technology to prevent them. I deffo preferred the good old days of just having shit refs

5 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

No, they havent...

Tonight?... It worked...

Makes you wonder, doesn't it.

Â