• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Ramsey (Barkley 68)
    • El Ghazi (Traoré 68)
    • Taylor (Targett 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 23:59

20 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

You think we should just accept it and move on? 

It's shit, but what good do you imagine it'll do for the club to complain to the Premier League like you've suggested?

What's the end game? The league has already done their merry dance - it's been reviewed and they've given their justification and said the correct decision was made.

They're full of shit and everyone knows it, but complaining is a waste of the club's time and effort.

Time to focus on Saturday.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

Feeling a lot like Blunther. This game is bringing me more anger than joy, and that's with Villa doing well.

Truly shocking, and no sign of the game improving for the better.

The FA come out and say VAR made a mistake I'll reconsider it, but not holding my breath.  F(#$ing disgrace.

• Like 1

Just now, villaglint said:

Score could have been anything tonight 6-6, 0-0, 6-0, 0-3 etc first goal was always going to be crucial. 

Have to take your chances against the top sides. 

Annoying we are getting so many go against us but keep playing well and results will come.

Need to batter Newcastle! 

Not by too many , we don’t want to get Bruce sacked and they get someone competent in 

• Haha 2

Like I said in the other thread, I would really really love the club to make a point of this next game.

1)  From the kick-off, watkins runs and stands about 5 meters behind their centre half, and maintains that position.

2)  When we get the ball - long ball aiming for 1 meter behind the center half.

3) center half moves back to control the ball 

4) The second he touches it, watkins scoots around and nicks it off him.

They cannot call this offside , otherwise it proves the corruption against us.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I guess we can feel agrieved but they were clearly the better team and probably deserved to win. We fought well but we are not yet on the same level as Man City. 

Never will be if the powers that be keep making farcical decisions that favour them.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

No, but what good do you imagine it'll do for the club to complain to the Premier League like you've suggested?

What's the end game? They've already said it's been reviewed and they've given their justification and said the correct decision was made.

They're full of shit and everyone knows it, but complaining is a waste of the club's time and effort.

Time to focus on Saturday.

It would be the job.of the fans during games, but as we're not there things get brushed under the carpet. The longer they are brushed under the carpet the worse things will get. The clubs should be able to file complaints

1 minute ago, richp999 said:

Like I said in the other thread, I would really really love the club to make a point of this next game.

1)  From the kick-off, watkins runs and stands about 5 meters behind their centre half, and maintains that position.

2)  When we get the ball - long ball aiming for 1 meter behind the center half.

3) center half moves back to control the ball 

4) The second he touches it, watkins scoots around and nicks it off him.

They cannot call this offside , otherwise it proves the corruption against us.

It would be very easy to do. We really should give it a go.

Edited by Okonokos

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

It gets to the point whenever we play any of the top 5 teams you can literally put money on us getting shafted by the ref or VAR.

Our defence was quality today especially Targett, everyone else was well off the pace, Barkely, Luiz and McGinn were all dire. Traore is a enigma who is class one second and dire the next.

Mings did so much good and was under so much pressure that no defender in his position would have managed to defend like that against the form side for 90 mins.  

So why was we that good, (if Barkley, Luiz and McGinn was dire?).....according to many.

The pressure the back four was under is no surprise in the 2 errors that led to the goals.....albeit, we would never of got away with that first goal, if we scored it,never.

I was struggling to see what exactly McGinn and Luiz was doing......we need someone to get their foot in, in there....and turn the ball over.

Edited by TRO

Just now, Okonokos said:

It would be very easy to do.

Yes and what a great way to call out the corruption, without having to put in any kind of complaint, or saying anything at all.

Just played out live on TV.

Everyone can see; they can't call it offside without admitting they are corrupt, and everyone will know what we are saying ; without having to make a single official complaint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Man City were the better team, and I have no problems with them, their players or their manager. If they nicked a goal, who can argue, they had the upper hand all game long.

But that was 12 vs 11, simple as that. **** robbed. 

Why put up with the inadequacies of VAR, the delays to the game, the ruining of the spectacle, if this is the result? It's a **** joke.

I hope Jon Moss chokes to death on a kebab the fat **** disgraceful **** word removed of a **** referee. Eat a dick. You eat everything **** else.

I'll be honest, I've calmed down a bit since.

• Haha 1

Fascinating game. As usual this season when we've lost, we were still in it until the end. We didn't look too rusty other than McGinn who looked totally unfocused and Barkley who has a better excuse. Martinez immense. Targett continues to silence his doubters. Konsa with another cultured display. Cash worked really hard to thwart Foden. But it was Mr. Mings who, despite an otherwise sound performance, was far too casual again trying to chest down a ball when putting a foot through it was the smarter option. Does the coaching staff view these lapses as a problem, or not?

The referee should hang up his whistle after that. Another infuriating lack of consistency in the application of VAR. Still waiting for it to bottom out, but there's no end in sight, apparently. Are clubs and fans powerless?

I didn't expect three points but thought a draw was achievable. Man City are very good and if they had Aguero playing, the game might have been over earlier. Nevertheless, I'm proud of the team tonight and it was good to see Smith show some righteous anger.

I hope we just annihilate Newcastle.

Just now, MrBlack said:

Never will be if the powers that be keep making farcical decisions that favour them.

Yes I know its hard to take but thats not going to change. We need to focus on our performance and how we can improve against teams as good as Man City. They had more moments in the opossitions box than probably any other game this season. Maybe thats down to our open game but we also gave the ball away too much tonight. Luiz and Mcginn were bossed in midfield. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

So why was we that good, if Barkley, Luiz and McGinn was dire?.....according to many.

The pressure the back four was under is no surprise in the 2 errors that led to the goals.....albeit, we would never of got away with that first goal, if we scored it,never.

I was struggling to see what exactly McGinn and Luiz was doing......we need someone to get their foot in, in there....and turn the ball over.

Yes I just posted the same sought of thing. We didn't play as well as some people think on here and City deserved to win, even though their first goal was dodgy. 

• Like 1

Â