• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Ramsey (Barkley 68)
    • El Ghazi (Traoré 68)
    • Taylor (Targett 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 23:59

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

But:

• A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent. 

But he isn't, this means that they could intercept a pass back, not challenge for the ball. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Spoony said:

But:

• A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent. 

Well i'd say he falls foul of the previous rules, but in a court of law I would claim it was a deliberate save by any opponent, the opponent being Mings.

A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).

There is no definition as to how close to the goal you must be.

Also the previous rules:

• challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

Were all broken before mings touches the ball. Therefore the offside call occurs before Mings plays the ball and the above rule can't be invoked - in the same way a couple of weeks ago we didn't get a penalty when watkins is fouled in the box, because he is deemed to be offside first, and we are told the offside counts because it occurs first.

Edited by richp999

1 minute ago, MadridVilla said:

Related to the penalty am I right in thinking we had a similar one go against us earlier in the season, only for the rules to be changed? And they’ve still given a handball from close range?

Perhaps someone can enlighten me

Yes you are right.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MadridVilla said:

Related to the penalty am I right in thinking we had a similar one go against us earlier in the season, only for the rules to be changed? And they’ve still given a handball from close range?

Wolves game I think when we weren’t given a clear handball /pen 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

Yes.

"Supposed" big clubs get the luck and rub of the green 100% of the time.

The rest of us can go **** ourselves.

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spoony said:

But:

7 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

He isn't offside cause Mings decides to bring it down and play. therefore it is a new situation.

Nope, Mings doesn't 'play' the ball. He's being challenged by the player before bringing it down and then 'playing' the ball to a team mate.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

While I was watching as soon as the player went to tackle Mings I said it's ok, he's offside. That's why Mings didn't bother getting rid, the player coming back from offside can't tackle him. If he does, it gets blown up.

Then they carried on playing and scored. And I was still calm because I was saying it's ok, even if the ref has somehow missed that, VAR will just overrule it.

But it didn't. Everyone knows that's offside. A player coming back from offside can't tackle the defender else they're interfering with play. It gets blown up for every time it happens.

The Premier League now feels to me like WWF wrestling did. Obviously just a play where the big names like Hulk Hogan or Ultimate Warrior or whoever was the most popular at the time won everything because in the matches the plucky challenger would unluckily lose because the ref would look away at the 'wrong time'

It's utterly bent.

What no one has answered - if VAR checked offside. We didn't see any red lines.

Just now, The_Steve said:

Rodri engages play from the point Mings chests it. He’s still offside. The FA and others are making it up as they go along. It’s a farce to protect the elites.

It's so obvious they're making it up to cover themselves. Just more evidence this game is corrupt from top to bottom.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Worst decision since Kevin Friend's away to Crystal Palace last season?

He hasn't been involved with us since that game. Maybe Mike Dean has seen what we all know; that he has a bias against us..

I'm staggered how few people in the game know what's happening when these incidents. The scouse co commentator initially says I dont know what their complaining about Mings plays him onside. Then the whole Peter Walton debacle. These penalties for handball too are ridiculous. Need to change that it's a pen.when its headed at hands.

42 minutes ago, blunther said:

I'm bowing out and gonna try and take the season off football after that. The straw that broke the camel's back. I really like what were trying to build, out manager, our ethos, our players; but I honestly believe this game is bent to the core. It's a soap opera designed to generate money from foreign fans. It's a machine that doesn't care about proper fans, it just wants it's big stars to win to generate cash. That's not the game I grew up loving. That's one too many nights ruined for me. 

I might fail, but I'm gonna try and go cold turkey and not watch another game all season. The world is shit enough at the minute without corrupt institutions playing me for a mug and taking my money.

With a heavy heart, I'm **** off. 

42 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

**** OFF ROBBIE SAVAGE YOU BALLSACK

2 poplar posts one after the other. one very eloquent and the other not so😊, both spot on. that's what I love about VT.😁😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Wonder if they will clear up the rules for next season, it’s been pretty appalling this season.

No they won't. They'll just make them up as they go along to fit the narrative they've been briefed on.

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Wonder if they will clear up the rules for next season, it’s been pretty appalling this season.

I dont think it matters ; the rules are confusing, but that doesn't really matter here.  They clearly are not following their own rules.

It doesnt matter what the rules are if they just make the decision the way they want it to go and ignore the rules.

Score could have been anything tonight 6-6, 0-0, 6-0, 0-3 etc first goal was always going to be crucial. 

Have to take your chances against the top sides. 

Annoying we are getting so many go against us but keep playing well and results will come.

Need to batter Newcastle! 

Â