Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

38 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Some will, others will write him off before he has signed obviously.... 

Unfortunately.

I’m quite pleased with the reported fee on this as even if Hourihane goes on a permanent deal in the summer, I doubt we’d get more than £7m-£8m for him.

Like you said, the recruitment team have earned our trust over the last 12 months so we will have to wait and see.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Reading  OM's forum right now is hilarious.  I stopped by when the first rumors broke and many were glad to see him off, with one even wanting to buy him some "fins to swim the Channel" to get the deal done.  The mood is much different now.  Most are upset and it seems we robbed them for the reported price.  "1 year ago, news spoke of 35 / 40M ... then 25/30 and barely 15 today ... if we don't sell it this winter (or this summer), it leaves for 0 in 18 months"

They contacted Boris for a few tips.

It’s just lovely to make a signing in January that’s isn’t a panic buy or loan to cover a massive hole in our squad or a desperate attempt to save our season. By all accounts this was a planned transfer that we have tracked for over year and will just strengthen the existing squad rather than plug a gap. He’ll be able to bed in over the second half of the season now without the massive weight of expectation that someone like Samatta had. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

They contacted Boris for a few tips.

Financially we’ve played a blinder.

I worried a bit tbh that we looked a little small time after the “pathetic” bid in the week, but we’ve got a 26 year old player who was playing in the CL this season for a great price.

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Financially we’ve played a blinder.

I worried a bit tbh that we looked a little small time after the “pathetic” bid in the week, but we’ve got a 26 year old player who was playing in the CL this season for a great price.

It is foolish to go in all guns blazing in negotiations, thats how you pay too much......we have done right to low ball, thats how good negotiations work.

The perfect negotiation is win/win.....if you take their trousers down or vice versa, they will be ready the next time....it has to be win/win to work well.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I didn't mean on here. I should have specified twatter

Nah people do similar on here with almost every midfield/attacking signing as well. If it's not Grealish it's another one of our best players. In the case of Sanson it's more Luiz going or Barkley not signing etc.

Now seeing Konsa as the latest who is inevitably going to be sold because he is performing well.

9 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

It’s just lovely to make a signing in January that’s isn’t a panic buy or loan to cover a massive hole in our squad or a desperate attempt to save our season. By all accounts this was a planned transfer that we have tracked for over year and will just strengthen the existing squad rather than plug a gap. He’ll be able to bed in over the second half of the season now without the massive weight of expectation that someone like Samatta had. 

what i like about this transfer ( bearing in mind, I haven't seen him yet, but just get the vibe) He is a man for all seasons, what i mean is a good all rounder, we need a few of them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

It is foolish to go in all guns blazing in negotiations, thats how you pay too much......we have done right to low ball, thats how good negotiations work.

The perfect negotiation is win/win.....if you take their trousers down or vice versa, they will be ready the next time....it has to be win/win to work well.

Can you imagine going in to negotiate a deal with Villa and see this man walk in and sit down across from you at the table?  You've got no chance...

Y7RASm2.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Can you imagine going in to negotiate a deal with Villa and see this man walk in and sit down across from you at the table?  You've got no chance...

Y7RASm2.png

I don't know how much he was involved other than Johan Lange, but he knows his business.

for once we have Nous running the club and it seems they only employ Nous.

• Like 1

Really excited by this transfer, though not because I necessarily expect the player to be amazing.

It's the fact the guy is apparently a very high energy player and presses well, which allows us to keep playing in the same expressive way just hopefully with that bit more of the ball. That and the fact we're now actually able to drop or sub an out of form midfielder for a player with some ability should help to level out some of our frustrating results.

• Like 1

I don't see any downside to this signing. He's an upgrade on Conor in the sense of bring more of what we need in energy and tenacity. It's a like for like replacement positionally but more a competitor for McGinn and Dougie and Ross. It also means we dont lose intensity in the middle if one is injured. I like it. Just Elmo, Taylor, Davis and Engels to upgrade on and we will be looking very good indeed. 

He's a very good presser. Liverpool and Man City have proved this season by not having your main pressers in the midfield they can be got at. This guy once he's up to speed and stronger for the Premier League he'll be starting most games. If he doesn't turn out like most of our previous French signings.

Â