Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

The revenge of Rob Dorsett?

Get fans excited by inventing stories. Only a few months ago he was saying we had to sell to buy. Got stick for it.

Hopefully not but I'd like to see more reliable sources, he's never called anything at Villa.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Transfer fees are such a joke now. Every half decent players seems to be 15-20m as standard. It wasn’t that long ago you could spend over 200 million in 2 summers and be challenging for top 4 or more.

On the other hand it does seem to mean players are more likely to hold on to their better players now. Which improves the competitiveness of the league. 

Agreed. Need a reset. Take a zero off every transfer fee from here on out. Transfer values will still hold relative value. Game theory

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Transfer fees are such a joke now. Every half decent players seems to be 15-20m as standard. It wasn’t that long ago you could spend over 200 million in 2 summers and be challenging for top 4 or more.

On the other hand it does seem to mean players are more likely to hold on to their better players now. Which improves the competitiveness of the league. 

It's crap now. I went back and played FM 2009 recently and was amazed at the transfer fees back then. Ashley Young and James Milner were both valued at £10m and prime Fernando Torres was only £24m. You could build a really good team with about £30-£50m. It's just gone obscene now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It's crap now. I went back and played FM 2009 recently and was amazed at the transfer fees back then. Ashley Young and James Milner were both valued at £10m and prime Fernando Torres was only £24m. You could build a really good team with about £30-£50m. It's just gone obscene now.

Manchester clubs (City practically have a country running them) have distorted the market. Inflation also plays a part. New TV deal etc.. It’s a shame. One thing I would say is the way in the past the so called “top clubs” used to cherry pick the best players of the other premier league clubs has certainly dropped off. That’s something I am pleased about. They must now pay a premium. 

Â