Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Think he will be a solid signing and a big improvement to the options we will have on the bench as either him or one of our current starters will be there now. Good value for money if the fee is correct and a smart exploit of the financial situation in Ligue and Marseille. 

From what I've seen of him he's good at most things but not amazing at anything specific. 7/10 player on most nights which is fine by me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Like many I know next to nothing about him, but I'm extremely confident in our player recruitment these days so very excited by this. We seem to have a very good idea of what we want and how it fits into the system.

The fact that we've followed him for 18 months says a lot. They've obviously watched him a lot during that time and have seen nothing to dissuade them from signing him.

Really like the sound of this signing.

It's so refreshing to bring a player in that has the potential to be a starter for us; but with no pressure to hit the ground running. Unlike last time we shopped in France and brought in someone like Veretout and instantly demanded he held his own in the PL.

Looking forward to him coming in and establishing himself. I hope he makes the first team spot his own and proves to be one of the first names on the sheet.

As with all new players, let's give him a full year before we start judging him. Although I have no worries with this one, especially going into the team playing as they are right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

The fact that we've followed him for 18 months says a lot. They've obviously watched him a lot during that time and have seen nothing to dissuade them from signing him.

where does it say we followed him for 18 months?

Good news that the club are looking to add more depth, experience and hopefully quality to the squad. Hopefully the remaining formalities will go through without any unforeseen issues.

I don't think too many of us know enough about him to comment on all his individual qualities but it would be nice if it increases our options. There have been time a when we have only had plan A and little to alter things. Commentators seem to be bracketing him with McGinn. It may allow McGinn to play further if we were chasing a game or had injury issues. Let's hope he is equally good value.

I look forward to seeing him in Claret & Blue and wish him well in his Villa career.

This is very much a signing to increase the overall depth and quality of the squad. And that's absolutely grand. I would think we'll do a few more to go with the odd superstar in the summer.

• Like 4

There's so many intangibles that go into whether a player will settle and be a success that it's impossible to be certain of anything, but most signs point to this being a good signing.

In terms of the physicality of the league, Ligue 1 is generally quite comparable to the Premier League relative to most others around Europe, and Sanson has such an all-round midfield game that I can't imagine it won't click for him in at least some capacity. 

Sign of how quickly we've come in such a short period. Sanson hasn't quite got the hype he had maybe a season or two ago, but he's been a quality player for a side that has been better than us while playing in Europe over the past few years. This time last year we were in for Danny Drinkwater.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I've seen a couple of plastic Manure fans on Twitter say it. So tiresome.

Someone should tell James hes lost his Marbles if he think Grealish is going anywhere.

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Think he will be a solid signing and a big improvement to the options we will have on the bench as either him or one of our current starters will be there now. Good value for money if the fee is correct and a smart exploit of the financial situation in Ligue and Marseille. 

From what I've seen of him he's good at most things but not amazing at anything specific. 7/10 player on most nights which is fine by me.

Thats ok....we need a few players ( for the squad)who can do a bit of everything.

3 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Another who wasn’t originally keen to join us it seems. Just goes to show how our turnaround this year has meant we can attract this calibre of player

Given our current position and form, I’m of the opinion that if a player was interested in joining us last summer, I’d want to double check that they are still of the required standard now.

Reading  OM's forum right now is hilarious.  I stopped by when the first rumors broke and many were glad to see him off, with one even wanting to buy him some "fins to swim the Channel" to get the deal done.  The mood is much different now.  Most are upset and it seems we robbed them for the reported price.  "1 year ago, news spoke of 35 / 40M ... then 25/30 and barely 15 today ... if we don't sell it this winter (or this summer), it leaves for 0 in 18 months"

Â