Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Came to post this too,

If the €11m + €6m in add ons was correct and is accepted you would think that is a great piece of business

Interesting where he states..

"Personal terms already agreed, €17m to OM [add ons included] from #AVFC. "

Personal terms already agreed with the player before a fee with the club is agreed!!

Where's the VT tapping up committee when you need them!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

AVB is a bit of a word removed. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he tried to play him tonight. It's transfer etiquette 101. Player sits a game out waiting to sign for his new club when the deal is agreed.

Think he already announced his squad yesterday and he is indeed in it

Edit: yeah he is. Suppose we'll see how close it is if this is changed after being announced

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Interesting where he states..

"Personal terms already agreed, €17m to OM [add ons included] from #AVFC. "

Personal terms already agreed with the player before a fee with the club is agreed!!

Where's the VT tapping up committee when you need them!t

I think that’s quite common. So long as the other club allows. It means both negotiations can take place concurrently 

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think that’s quite common. So long as the other club allows. It means both negotiations can take place concurrently 

People were getting on his back about claiming terms were done for Rashica prior to Bremen and Bremen dossing about etc.

Calling it tapping up yadda yadda.

Henci him highlighting the point that it happens now. lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I know absolutely nothing about this lad other than I saw him linked heavily with Arsenal a year or so ago. Ive zero interest in Youtube clips or selling clubs fans views as neither are a good barometer.

Given how many good and great players France generates our record with French players is frankly abysmal so cant help but be a little reserved in excitment.

However its a very cheap deal in todays market and I trust Smith and our new recruitment team who have an excellent record so I’m hopeful he is an upgrade on Hourihane.

Really didn’t think we would look at midfield in this window so its a bit of a surprise this.

Look forward to seeing him in our colours and him being dismissed as shite within 45 mins 😉 

What I like in particular is Smith came out early in Jan and said we'd be doing nothing unless an opportunity presented itself that they couldn't turn down. 

It's clear that the management rate this guy enough and view it as incredible value that we've moved for him at all. 

Huge squad boost.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I know absolutely nothing about this lad other than I saw him linked heavily with Arsenal a year or so ago. Ive zero interest in Youtube clips or selling clubs fans views as neither are a good barometer.

Given how many good and great players France generates our record with French players is frankly abysmal so cant help but be a little reserved in excitment.

However its a very cheap deal in todays market and I trust Smith and our new recruitment team who have an excellent record so I’m hopeful he is an upgrade on Hourihane.

Really didn’t think we would look at midfield in this window so its a bit of a surprise this.

Look forward to seeing him in our colours and him being dismissed as shite within 45 mins 😉 

this is a very good analytical look at what he brings. Someone else posted it earlier in the thread. 

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Saved me some typing there 😁 Bang on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

What I like in particular is Smith came out early in Jan and said we'd be doing nothing unless an opportunity presented itself that they couldn't turn down. 

It's clear that the management rate this guy enough and view it as incredible value that we've moved for him at all. 

Huge squad boost.

We are going to have a very dynamic box-to-box midfield now. McGinn finally has competition. I'm sure it will spur them all on.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People were getting on his back about claiming terms were done for Rashica prior to Bremen and Bremen dossing about etc.

Calling it tapping up yadda yadda.

Henci him highlighting the point that it happens now. lol

Kudo's to you JV, Atleast you're with it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Good comments, to be fair though, he isnt just a "midfielder" tbh, he is capable of playing DM (in a pair), MC, AM or even left/right inside forward if required (apparently), so it seems on paper he will add some versatility.

In terms of his figures, in the french league he is consistently in the top 2-6 for tackles, presses etc, his pressing numbers are actually better than McGinn, but factoring in the step up to PL from Ligue 1 its likely his figures would drop to McGinn levels?, which tbh is still pretty good?.

From what i have seen and read data wise, he does seem like a french version of McGinn, if he is 80% the player mcginn is i would be a happy bunny tbh.

Â