Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I assume this is sarcasm. Sanson was just off-balance and whiffed. He’ll learn from it.

Tbf I think digne made the wrong deciisb in the first place Sanson is under a lot of pressure there and he should have played it down the line. 

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When they scored he was hitting the ground in frustration. He was distraught. He really does care.

i hope he isnt too down, cus i thought he was our second best player over the course of the entire match (behind Buendia).

• Like 4

Some good quotes from Gerrard on Sanson's reaction here.

Gerrard, asked Sanson about his reaction in the dressing room afterwards.
He said: "In terms of Morgan, I asked Morgan the question after the game: was the frustration at me or at you making an individual error?
"He assured me it was over the individual error. I'm OK with that. I'm OK with the mistakes in my team because the players are trying to do the right things.
"We've all made them throughout our careers so, I'll never point a finger at a player making a mistake trying to do the right thing.
"I would have had an issue if that was on the back of the decision and the reaction because you need to respect the person that's coming on the side and he assured me it was absolutely nothing to do with that so it wasn't an issue."

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I like that he was upset.

Yeah I felt for him, he was gutted. Hope he feels better at the final whistle!

Cash did exactly the same a little earlier and got away with it - needs to be a word with everyone about those little passes in training this week I think.

• Like 1

Just now, Wes said:

Some good quotes from Gerrard on Sanson's reaction here.

Gerrard, asked Sanson about his reaction in the dressing room afterwards.
He said: "In terms of Morgan, I asked Morgan the question after the game: was the frustration at me or at you making an individual error?
"He assured me it was over the individual error. I'm OK with that. I'm OK with the mistakes in my team because the players are trying to do the right things.
"We've all made them throughout our careers so, I'll never point a finger at a player making a mistake trying to do the right thing.
"I would have had an issue if that was on the back of the decision and the reaction because you need to respect the person that's coming on the side and he assured me it was absolutely nothing to do with that so it wasn't an issue."

I didn’t even think for a second it was the decision, thought it was obvious he was just so upset with himself. Glad SG addressed it.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not even sure what kind of player he is, as he seems good alot multiple things.

Even if he doesn't start all the time he is a major improvement of some of our midfield options of past.

He will only get better as well.

he's a no.8 basically, good hustler, active presser, good tackler, good passer, has decent vision, he is also pretty good going forward but we havent seen so much of that yet rly, he's just a good all round player!

tbh, i think he's an 8 or a 10, but prob more of an 8.

Edited by MaVilla

Just now, macandally said:

I think today we had a glimpse of what he can do, needs minutes and him and SJM either side of a Bissouma type player would have some engine 

Agree, but Ramsey is some player and he is as deserving of a place as anyone currently?

We have some very good players at the club and Sanson is one of them. I am sorry his career here has been stop-start, he has a lot to offer and appears very determined. I hope we keep him happy and he stays around, we have a strong squad with characters like him. Would be great for him to get a goal, it would settle his anxieties I think.

Â