Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

59 minutes ago, Thug said:

He’s apologising for his reaction - but mainly to clarify that he was angry with himself for the error - and not at being substituted.

I have absolutely no issue with his reaction - it’s good to know that he cares that much about letting the side down.

This!

Id rather our players be pissed off if they make a mistake than sit there laughing about it or tweeting about new cars they are planning on buying…

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

anyone else think that Mings could have just come out to the ball a bit quicker.

Not laying this solely on Mings as it was still a stupid pass, but Mings did seem to have a moment where he thought - 'I could get that, but what If the player still gets the ball or i somehow lose possession and get blamed for the goal, imagine the scenes on Villa Talk'

Nah Sansons mistake IMO. Move on - he played really well yesterday esp in the first 30 mins when everyone else was asleep.

Credit in the bank for his overall performance.

If only Coutinho had got on a couple of minutes earlier.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Mings was never first to that ball. His only hope was to clatter Fred and hope he doesn't get rid first. 

The error after the poor back pass was from Douglas who let his man run free.  He was level with Bruno when Sanson made the errant pass. Completely loss him after that. 

The fact that posters are going all in on Mings for the 2nd and not even mentioning Douglas's obvious error is telling. 

Not really, i personally just didn't track Doug's movement, now you've pointed it out I will look at replays.

I don't think Ming was to blame as he didn't anticipate the pass, he shouldn't have to, just saying is he was very close to actually reaching it and it looked like he was going to then changed his mind, which is fair enough as it could well have ended up with a penalty.

34 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Morgan starts centrally for me next week.

McGinn back in, Doug to the bench.

Yes MgGinn and Ramsey are definate starters and its between Luiz and Sanson for the final spot  because they are both quite similar but Luiz is the starter for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

For me Sanson and McGinn are battling for the 3rd midfield spot at the minute

Ramsey was poor in first half. Gerrard said as much. He is the one likely competing with the more senior players

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We were getting torn a new one on our right in the first half and a lot of that was due to Sanson getting sucked in and done by a one two. I think he played alright but I’m surprised by the suggestions he must start next game. 

Because I've seen it happen to McGinn and Doug all season as well. I think Sanson is more mobile than both.

2 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Mings was never first to that ball. His only hope was to clatter Fred and hope he doesn't get rid first. 

The error after the poor back pass was from Douglas who let his man run free.  He was level with Bruno when Sanson made the errant pass. Completely loss him after that. 

The fact that posters are going all in on Mings for the 2nd and not even mentioning Douglas's obvious error is telling. 

A bit harsh too look at any other player for that goal. It was Sanson’s big mistake and they punished us for it.

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

This!

Id rather our players be pissed off if they make a mistake than sit there laughing about it or tweeting about new cars they are planning on buying…

Oh come on..... It was an accident, just went off in his pocket😂🤣😂🤣

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We were getting torn a new one on our right in the first half and a lot of that was due to Sanson getting sucked in and done by a one two. I think he played alright but I’m surprised by the suggestions he must start next game. 

Theres no wy he will start ahead of McGinn. Its not going to happen unless McGinn is injured. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A bit harsh too look at any other player for that goal. It was Sanson’s big mistake and they punished us for it.

It was all just a bit tight for what we were trying to do. 

Digne feeds it in to a difficult spot - he could've cleared or dropped it to Mings.

Sanson has to pass a ball between two United players on the stretch but loses it.

Because of that, we were caught open.

Mings is caught in two minds.

Doug doesn't react quick enough and track.

Hause is drawn away by Cavani

It happens if we want to build out from the back. We did very well and broke through presses regularly with it apart from the obvious. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Trust me, I completely agree. I just find it interesting how some could blame anyone other than Sanson and then place that blame solely on Mings. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Trust me, I completely agree. I just find it interesting how some could blame anyone other than Sanson and then place that blame solely on Mings. 

Digne with hospital pass wasn't it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Ramsey was poor in first half. Gerrard said as much. He is the one likely competing with the more senior players

I agree with that, just find it hard to drop him for the next match after a goal & assist in a comeback

Yes it was a poor pass, but pretty much the whole back 4 were back, and Elanga did well to find Fernandes and it was a great finish. Very unfortunate it led to the goal, but I was really pleased with his overall performance. Really starting to settle. 

• Like 1

Â