Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

21 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

This is what I don't get, I've been a Villa fan over 30 years and any player who puts on our colours I will support and give the benefit of the doubt.

I find it far easier to be positive and praise players than continuously run them down over and over again on multiple threads like I am being paid by someone to make sure no mention of that player is not responded to with negativity.

Plus I believe in these owners, coaches, manager and general set up. I don't always 100% agree all decisions taken but I try and put that aside because these guys know what they are doing.

I don't think i've ever seen a player like Sanson who has played so few games and got a nasty injury get such a huge amount of criticism and weird conspiracy theories.

I really hope players don't read these threads.

I doubt Sanson has read this thread.

What conspiracy theories are you referring to ? - because the most I have seen are perhaps around 3 posts ...asking

"has something gone on" ? 

(There are more conspiracies in the Guilbert thread for example)

A player joins and 8 months later has made 3 starts - with no reported major injury ...people are quite rightly wondering if this one is going to work out ?  ...

Others have a different viewpoint that in the next few weeks he will get games and be a key part of the team.

20 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

This is what I don't get, I've been a Villa fan over 30 years and any player who puts on our colours I will support and give the benefit of the doubt.

I find it far easier to be positive and praise players than continuously run them down over and over again on multiple threads like I am being paid by someone to make sure no mention of that player is not responded to with negativity.

Plus I believe in these owners, coaches, manager and general set up. I don't always 100% agree all decisions taken but I try and put that aside because these guys know what they are doing.

I don't think i've ever seen a player like Sanson who has played so few games and got a nasty injury get such a huge amount of criticism and weird conspiracy theories.

I really hope players don't read these threads.

Well just from a simple psychological standpoint, humans tend to give more weight to negative thoughts. That mixed with the fanatical investment people put into sport which usually involves high expectations and demand for immediate success equals what you see with the negativity.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I don’t even know what Sansons role is, I might have to Google his FM stats.

He broke through as an attacking mid, but he's become more of a box-to-box harasser over time. You can see his detailed stats over the last several seasons here.

https://fbref.com/en/players/6e7f1353/scout/365_euro/Morgan-Sanson-Scouting-Report

Edited by the_eristic
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, hippo said:

I doubt Sanson has read this thread.

What conspiracy theories are you referring to ? - because the most I have seen are perhaps around 3 posts ...asking

"has something gone on" ? 

(There are more conspiracies in the Guilbert thread for example)

A player joins and 8 months later has made 3 starts - with no reported major injury ...people are quite rightly wondering if this one is going to work out ?  ...

Others have a different viewpoint that in the next few weeks he will get games and be a key part of the team.

Exactly.

The most frustrating thing is when people ask you if you want him to fail? 

Of course I don’t. I hope he becomes a club legend, but with the injury/injuries (who even knows anymore), I can’t see it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Can someone actually explain to me what they are basing their judgement on Sanson from?

I wasn’t overly impressed when he did play for us - albeit limited minutes.

That could be down to the new league, environment etc.

Im not saying he’s definitely going to fail but if you had a gun to my head and asked me if he was going to be a success here, I’d probably say no. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Yes. He's just another average midfielder that we have too many of.

Here I thought you were following him in Ligue 1. He could be a world beater and you wouldn't know, 291 mins is barely 3 games worth of football, it's nothing. You don't know if he's average or good or bad based on such limited time watching him.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Can someone actually explain to me what they are basing their judgement on Sanson from?

Let me turn that on its head.lets last January he didn't join villa - but joined Everton. He made 3 appearances for them before spending the rest of the time out injured.

...you then hear that villa are going to buy him for £15m ......pleased/cautious/not pleased...?

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

Let me turn that on its head.lets last January he didn't join villa - but joined Everton. He made 3 appearances for them before spending the rest of the time out injured.

...you then hear that villa are going to buy him for £15m ......pleased/cautious/not pleased...?

Strange transfer scenario notwithstanding, just like now you wouldn't know enough about the player to have an informed opinion.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yeah we changed his shirt number to number 8 cause we hate him.

Eight / Hate

You're on to something... 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Let’s hope he lives up to the hype!

Only ever one number 8 in my lifetime. If he turns out to be a fraction of that player we have  talent on our hands

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wasn’t overly impressed when he did play for us - albeit limited minutes.

That could be down to the new league, environment etc.

Im not saying he’s definitely going to fail but if you had a gun to my head and asked me if he was going to be a success here, I’d probably say no. 

the team was also woefully out of form when he came into the team

• Like 1

Â